RIP Rod Gilbert | The Boneyard

RIP Rod Gilbert

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Gilbert was member of the great GAG (Goal A Game) line with Jean Ratelle & Vic Hadfield. I worked part time at Cosby’s Sports Shop in MSG when they played. Mr Cosby had season tickets in the 3rd row at center ice. Every now and then he would have something else going on and he would throw me a ticket to a game.

Always had a great time at the game. Tickets to the Ranger games were the hottest tickets in town back in the 70’s and they still are today.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
That was the era that I followed hockey. The Islanders and Flyers were having success, but I was a Ranger fan. Coach Emile Francis; the GAG line, Brad Parks, Eddie Giacomin, etc. I gradually drifted away and didn't follow so closely as time went on, although as late as the mid-90's my wife and I were attending a Rangers game once a year, usually a Christmas gift. Then we discovered Women's Basketball (the WBB ticket was because the NHL was on strike) and never looked back.

RIP.

Reaction Score
Gilbert was member of the great GAG (Goal A Game) line with Jean Ratelle & Vic Hadfield. I worked part time at Cosby’s Sports Shop in MSG when they played. Mr Cosby had season tickets in the 3rd row at center ice. Every now and then he would have something else going on and he would throw me a ticket to a game.

Always had a great time at the game. Tickets to the Ranger games were the hottest tickets in town back in the 70’s and they still are today.
sad to hear about Gilbert..........I remember listening to Marv Albert and the "Big Whistle" do those Ranger games on the radio when I was very young..........my father bought me my first hockey skates at Cosby's at MSG as they had a really good selection.........quite an "atmospheric" store in a unique location.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom