RIP Pudge | Page 2 | The Boneyard

RIP Pudge

Reaction Score
Very sad news. Although I have met very few on this board in person I feel connected to the people here. The people here and their shared passion for Uconn is special to me. So this hurts. Trust he is in a better place and we are 12-0 there.

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Ouch. Sorry to hear that.

My family lost a long time friend several weeks ago to the same big C. Had it a couple of years ago and the docs thought they nailed it but it came back.
The sad thing is, most of us can tell multiple stories about this disease and family and friends who suffered through it. Some last a few years. some are gone in the blink of an eye, never knowing until it was too late. The survival stories are too few.

Reaction Score
May he rest in peace
I'm sorry to let everyone know, but Boneyard legend Tim "Pudge" White has died. It was esophageal cancer and it came about quickly. It was just last November he was planning on coming to a FB game but had to postpone because he didn't feel well. He was still counting on coming to the Spring Game. But when we visited him instead he didn't look well, and to make things worse, he lost his mother the next day. We met a a tailgate early on in UConn FB history and kept in touch. I'm going to miss him terribly and so will the Yard I think. He was one of the originals.

Reaction Score
I met Pudge on here during the 1998 basketball season when we were on our way with Khalid, Rip, Kevin, Jake and Rickie Moore. He was on here he was a huge poster, every day. Loved UConn and UCLA where he attended grad school. Then the next year, the magic happened and we had our first Boneyard Invitational golf tournament to celebrate. Pudge was a big part of this from the very beginning. SMH.

Reaction Score
Hate to lose anyone who contributes here. We've been through a lot together for good and bad. Then more bad. You always hope you'll be around for your kids growing up and UConn FB turning the ship around. I think he may have caught the start of that. Still too soon. Condolences to his family and RIP Pudge.

Reaction Score
So sad to hear of Pudge's passing. Condolences to his family and to those on this board who not only knew him as a passionate and thoughtful advocate for UConn football, but as a friend. He will be missed.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Blessings to Pudge's family and friends. As stated above great contributor to the Boneyard - clicking on his posts guaranteed insight &/or a laugh. Cornerstone guy.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Sad to read this tragic news. I enjoyed reading his posts over the years. May he rest in peace, and prayers for his family. Cancer sucks. Lost my Mom to it when she was only 57. Praying that medical science can figure it out one day. RIP Pudge.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Sincere condolences to Pudge's family and friends. Funny how we make connections with people even digitally- for me Pudge will always be Charlie Brown, but an insightful and witty one. Will miss his posts.

Reaction Score
I crossed swords with Pudge many times recently but he was a true fan and it is difficult to see him go this way. We both wanted renewed success for the FB program and our passion for that goal was unwavering.

Likewise, I lost a family member at a very early age to cancer. My Mom, at age 36, I was age 4. My advice here is that while we do not want to live our lives as hypochondriacs, we also do not want to ignore symptoms. We ignore chronic symptoms at our peril. Learn what chronic symptoms are dangerous and be proactive.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Ugh, horrible news. Extremely knowledgeable poster - enjoyed reading his comments on the FB board over the years. RIP Husky.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I echo Exit 4's comment that it really hits home when a person who posts here leaves because of a reason other than losing interest in the program or message board. Pudge was a major contributor to this board and he'll be sorely missed. RIP man and may your family find peace as well.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry to let everyone know, but Boneyard legend Tim "Pudge" White has died. It was esophageal cancer and it came about quickly. It was just last November he was planning on coming to a FB game but had to postpone because he didn't feel well. He was still counting on coming to the Spring Game. But when we visited him instead he didn't look well, and to make things worse, he lost his mother the next day. We met a a tailgate early on in UConn FB history and kept in touch. I'm going to miss him terribly and so will the Yard I think. He was one of the originals.
Condolences to the family. This is awful news.

I lost my dad to esophageal cancer. cancer.

Reaction Score
This is very sad news. He always had an insightful posting style. I became a Boneyard member a couple of years after my wife passed from the big C. I was at a time I needed some escape from my doldrums and reading the passion and fervor of the posters here was the perfect solution at the time. Pudge was always there for a quip and showed his knowledge of UCONN sports. To say he will be missed is putting it mildly. Rest in peace Pudge.

Reaction Score
RIP Pudge! We will have to pour one out for him at the Rent. Condolences to all who knew him

Reaction Score
So sorry to hear this. He was truly an old guard poster and a good one at that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom