RIP: Olivia De Haviland | The Boneyard

RIP: Olivia De Haviland

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
One of my favorites and one of the prettiest Hollywood actresses ever. I thought she died years ago.

Reaction Score
Nominated for four oscars, won one. Her and sister Joan Fontaine are the only siblings to wins oscars. She was James Cagneys wife in the Strawberry Blond and had to go up against a young Rita Hayworth. If you get a chance, it's entertaining. Also had the lead in the Snake Pit. Unfortunately in her later years she was relegated to movies like "Lady In A Cage".

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Nominated for four oscars, won one. Her and sister Joan Fontaine are the only siblings to wins oscars. She was James Cagneys wife in the Strawberry Blond and had to go up against a young Rita Hayworth. If you get a chance, it's entertaining. Also had the lead in the Snake Pit. Unfortunately in her later years she was relegated to movies like "Lady In A Cage".
"...and had to go up against a young Rita Hayworth. If you get a chance, it's entertaining."
I think it would be be more than just entertaining to go up against a young Rita Hayworth , my friend. ;)

Reaction Score

Won two.

Reaction Score
Actor John Saxon died July 25, 2020.
John Saxon (born Carmine Orrico; August 5, 1936– July 25, 2020) was an American actor and martial artist who worked on more than 200 projects during a span of 60 years. Saxon is known for his work in Westerns and horror movies, often playing police officers and detectives.

[
BEST! martial arts fillum ever made was, "Enter the Dragon" starring Saxon and Bruce Lee!

Saxon's tilt with Bolo was 2nd only to Lee's bout with O'Hara, eh?
! 0.jpg
! 0.jpg

/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
Olivia D was in many of my favorite movies even today. Captain Blood, was the first movie in which she and Errol Flynn appeared. She made most movies better and made her co-stars even better.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Arabella Bishop - her first role with Flynn in Captain Blood. In addition:
The Charge of the Light Brigade
They Died with Their Boots On
Four's a Crowd
Dodge City
Robin Hood
Santa Fe Trail
Thank Your Lucky Stars
The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was giving her the benefit of the doubt..140 just sounded more impressive.
She was still giving them hell a few years ago, suing producers who misrepresented her in a TV show. I bet they thought she was dead.

Reaction Score
This is amazing. Apparently she was deeply involved in destroying Communist influence in Hollywood:

Her lawsuit against against Warner Bros. during World War II freed performers from the restrictive studio system too.

A very smart, very courageous lady. May she rest in peace.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom