RIP- Norwalk CT/Brien McMahon HS legend Paul Atkins | The Boneyard

RIP- Norwalk CT/Brien McMahon HS legend Paul Atkins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had to start a quick thread on this... The hits don't stop in 2020.

This one was a bit of a shock since he was seen in Norwalk but other family members walking down the street only weeks ago...

A true Norwalk CT basketball legend (arguably 2nd to Calvin Murphy). Probably the greatest to play at my alma mater, Brien McMahon. A true icon in the community.
Had a solid collegiate playing year at New Mexico State Univ. Enough to get him drafted in the 1983 NBA Draft (6th rd) to the Boston Celtics. Even though it ultimately did not pan out he played overseas along with playing in other capacities (Harlem Wizards) before packing it in in the mid 90s....

He will be sorely missed. Overall good guy.

Rest easy Big Fella....

Reaction Score
RIP Paul, way too young to pass. Marvin Spencer was arguably right up there in BMHS royalty. Calvin said one of the best pure shooters he'd ever seen. Although not the post HS career of Paul.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Off topic, but my mother and her eight siblings went to Bmhs the 60s to early 70s I believe.

Reaction Score
Awful news, he was only 60.

I've been living in Norwalk for five years now and the local reverence for its history, including its athletes, is one of the reasons why I love this city.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
My Dad taught math at BMHS, from the day it opened until the mid 1980s. Mr. Brown. He did not look like me.

Reaction Score
These are the guys I grew up watching. Norwalk-McMahon rivalry some of the most exciting sporting events ever attended. We were fortunate to have incredible teams battling in Norwalk for many years. Except for Rippowam's slow-ball (ugh) we witnessed a ton of great games in both gyms and in the State Tourney.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
These are the guys I grew up watching. Norwalk-McMahon rivalry some of the most exciting sporting events ever attended. We were fortunate to have incredible teams battling in Norwalk for many years. Except for Rippowam's slow-ball (ugh) we witnessed a ton of great games in both gyms and in the State Tourney.
That's just basketball. Baseball with Terry Blitz and Bobby V and soccer with Pete Kydes was also great sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom