RIP Lou Henson | The Boneyard

RIP Lou Henson

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He had some really nice teams at Ilini but they never panned out except that late 80's team that had Kendall Gill, Marcus Liberty, Nick Anderson, Kenny Battle and Larry Smith (plus a few others I have forgotten. I remember them beating Cuse to get to Final Four and should have bested Michigan in semis but some bad calls killed their momentum and lost by 1 or 2. God, I remember that game like it was yesterday. RIP Coach Hairdo

Reaction Score
I sat right behind Illinois bench when we played them at HCC in 94/95.
Ray pinned someone’s shot on the board and I jumped up screaming. Lou turned around and we caught eyes. He looked perplexed....

Reaction Score
He had some really nice teams at Ilini but they never panned out except that late 80's team that had Kendall Gill, Marcus Liberty, Nick Anderson, Kenny Battle and Larry Smith (plus a few others I have forgotten. I remember them beating Cuse to get to Final Four and should have bested Michigan in semis but some bad calls killed their momentum and lost by 1 or 2. God, I remember that game like it was yesterday. RIP Coach Hairdo

That team was a really cool collection of talent. They would have won the natty that year if they had didn't get jobbed.

Reaction Score
Those Illinois squads were fun.
Nova knocked em out in 88...right before knocking off Kentucky (Rex Chapman was a legit). That was Rollie's last good run.

Reaction Score
He was a legend at New Mexico State and during his second stint at the school he originally signed a contract for $1. I was there for his last season before Reggie Theus took over. From all accounts, he was as genuine as they come and he will be missed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom