RIP John Madden | Page 2 | The Boneyard

RIP John Madden

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
this would be a cool story if it wasn't skyline chili...wife's family is from Cincy....I tried it....ONCE...that was enough. I think I'd rather have the snails
I rag on Skyline often, but honestly, for comfort food it's not god-awful, it's simply not chili. If you go into Skyline thinking more along the lines of you're having a deconstructed Greek pastitsio with beans and cheddar, then you won't be as disgusted.

And snails get a bad rap. Always loved escargot, and when I dated a girl from Woonsocket, there was a restaurant there we loved called The Bijou that served a salad with raw snails on it that I actually enjoyed. Chewy suckers, but surprisingly tasty.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
this would be a cool story if it wasn't skyline chili...wife's family is from Cincy....I tried it....ONCE...that was enough. I think I'd rather have the snails

I rag on Skyline often, but honestly, for comfort food it's not god-awful, it's simply not chili. If you go into Skyline thinking more along the lines of you're having a deconstructed Greek pastitsio with beans and cheddar, then you won't be as disgusted.
As I've reported here before, I made "Cincinnati-syle" beef chili from a Blue Apron recipe and it was pretty darned good. It was the only time I've ever had it:

Reaction Score
Saw Belichick comments… “when John spoke, you listened”, didn’t matter what it was about. Respect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom