RIP Joe Paterno | The Boneyard

RIP Joe Paterno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yep. Died early this morning. God bless him and his family.

Reaction Score
honest question as I'm clueless on medical matters. It's quite shocking that he was coaching only a few months back and now he has passed away. Would the stress/anxiety of the scandal played a role in his sudden passing or was this inevitable even if things were business as usual at PSU?

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
A sad, sad day in American sports history. RIP...

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Pete Thamel tweeted that Paterno's last public statement contained the quote "with the benefit of hindsight,I wish I had done more". 1) Everyone wishes he had meet his responsibilities. 2) it's probably common for people to have regrets on their death bed, but I don't know how many of those regrets have as heavy of a weight as this case. I suppose the quote applies, with great power comes great responsibly.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
A sad, sad day in American sports history. RIP...

Amen. RIP JoePa. What a sad day. The world lost a legend and college football will never be the same.

Reaction Score
honest question as I'm clueless on medical matters. It's quite shocking that he was coaching only a few months back and now he has passed away. Would the stress/anxiety of the scandal played a role in his sudden passing or was this inevitable even if things were business as usual at PSU?

Lung cancer is brutal and can be quick. Stress certainly helped speed up the process.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
first off god bless and i hope the family doesn't get hammered for the next couple months by the media as bad as it seems they will be. i hope the kid finds a new coaching job and the wife still lives and breaths psu...

but the uconn diehard fan in me says
good to see him go, this was the guy that held northeast football down for 40 years and didn't do enough when called upon inside his own facility but always went the extra mile to hold others down who would challenge his fball program around here. times are different in the northeast now in the fball world and were gona make dam sure ppl know about that soon enough.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry that he went under all of these circumstances, I know he would never have wanted to put the university or his family through everything that has transpired. His legacy will be tarnished by his choices and mistakes, but we also cannot forget that he has done things and has made a positive difference in the lives of his players and others. I send my condolences to the paterno family, the penn state family that has been through so much (whether it has been by there own volition or not), and to all of those who seek closure and justice as we proceed.

The landscape of college football has changed so much and losing Joe Paterno really puts the end cap on a season that in many ways disappointed.... The magic of Saturday was lost for any fan of this great game. I don't know if anyone agrees, but i found myself talking less about the game than any other time in my life, and more about how the powers that be and how the ugly underbelly revealed are detracting from the sport.

RIP JoePa

Reaction Score
He actually resurrected college football in the northeast. How many national titles do college programs in the northeast have in the past 50 years? Before SEC/Big Ten/SWC programs came along, the northeast dominated college football.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
CTPride, check out the Joe Pa thread on the BBall board, you'll probably feel more comfortable with the viewpoints over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Some of you guys are unbelievable. The guy was fired from his job and his legacy stained for eternity. That's enough for me. Save the brutal comments for the animal that inflicted the pain and suffering on the kids.

Tragic and sad last couple months of his life. Sad day if you are a sports fan and have a heart.

Reaction Score

When someone suffers from any form of cancer, the disease process and the treatment can have many complications. Most notably of which is a hypercoaguable state, meaning that their blood is very prone to clotting without prompting (like when you have a cut). So these clots, as you can imagine can be deadly. If a clot forms and travels through the bloodstream, you can have an ischemic stroke, heart attack, pulmonary embolism, or just about any other complication from a lack of blood flow to an organ.

Reaction Score
CTPride, check out the Joe Pa thread on the BBall board, you'll probably feel more comfortable with the viewpoints over there.
These people who go off on deceased people are the types who would urinate (or who knows what else) on them.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He was an 85 year old man with lung cancer - that's a tough enough row to hoe for a much younger person let alone a very elderly man.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
These people who go off on deceased people are the types who would urinate (or who knows what else) on them.

How do you joke about a person dying? That board gives me the heebie jeebies sometimes with some of the stuff that's said over there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score

Chemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22