RIP - Jim Brown ... The Legend | The Boneyard

RIP - Jim Brown ... The Legend

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I was - am - a big Giant fan. I was a kid when Brown was a star. One play against tNY that has always stuck in my mind. He was surrounded and gang tackled by seversl Giants. Or so it seemed. All of a sudden there was Brown emerging from the other side if the scrum to go the distance. Strong as an runner ever. .

Reaction Score
Also a fan of the Giants, but watching Jim Brown against them I always thought of it as a treat. Every time he got tackled, I'd hope he wouldn't get up, but he always got up. Between his football fame, his movies, and his battle for civil rights, he was the definition of a man.

Reaction Score
Just my honest opinion, the greatest football player ever at the position. He ran with the ball like a cat perhaps a cheetah or puma.
Unparalleled lateral movement while still maintaining forward speed all while shaking off would be tacklers.
May he rest in peace as he left his print on the world as an athlete and for social justice.

Reaction Score
One of the first truly great athletes the NFL ever had. A legend in every sense of the word. RIP.

jim brown.jpg

Reaction Score
Averaged 20 carries and 2 receptions per game and never missed a game in 9 years, even with defenses schemed to stop him week in and week out. JB did things that have never been done since and probably never will be.

Reaction Score
Incredible lacrosse player too. A tradition at Syracuse playing football and lacrosse.

Reaction Score
I wonder if film still exists for all his NFL appearances or if there are games that haven't been seen.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I wonder if film still exists for all his NFL appearances or if there are games that haven't been seen.

Your post made me think if there was any film of Jim Brown playing lacrosse. I've always known he was a world class lacrosse player but to see just a little snip on film like this is pretty fin cool. A legend in so many diverse facets. Huge loss to society and hard to replicate.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brown took amazing pounding on every play, but always got up slowly and walked back to the huddle. I don't remember him ever suffering a serious injury. And . . . he never wore hip pads!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom