RIP James Earl Jones | Page 2 | The Boneyard

RIP James Earl Jones

Reaction Score
Stratford CT, at one time, had a Shakespeare theater. I saw James Earl Jones play an incredible Othello there. He was awesome. Get this, Christopher Plummer played Iago. Desdemona was nondescript. Probably my best theater experience. At that time for Shakespeare plays, the cast did practice sessions at Stratford then took to it Broadway.
"Put out the light, and then put out the light". We lost a bright light
I loved that place
I saw Fred Gwynn play the troubadour in a winters Tale
Herman Munster was a Shakespearian actor
I also Saw Jessica Tandy as Lady Macbeth

Reaction Score
I'll always think of him most as the voice of Darth Vader, but I always liked Field Of Dreams and his Terrence Mann character is my favorite in-person role of his.

Great actor and a legendary voice. RIP

fod.jpg

Reaction Score
Stratford CT, at one time, had a Shakespeare theater. I saw James Earl Jones play an incredible Othello there. He was awesome. Get this, Christopher Plummer played Iago. Desdemona was nondescript. Probably my best theater experience. At that time for Shakespeare plays, the cast did practice sessions at Stratford then took to it Broadway.
"Put out the light, and then put out the light". We lost a bright light
I knew Chris Plummer and his wife Elaine, very nice people, and a very good tennis player.

James Earl Jones made “Field of Dreams” as did Burt Lancaster, Amy Madigan, Ray Liotta and Kevin Costner. One of my favorite all time flicks.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
RIP "This Is CNN" guy.

As an aside, was in the car an hour ago and two hosts on our major sports station were debating what Jones' most famous role was. One said the voice of Vader. The other was insisting it was Mufasa from Lion King and would not give in despite every caller saying Vader was the only correct answer.

I couldn't have even named Jones' character in Lion King. I would have said his roles in Field of Dreams, The Sandlot, or King Joffer in Trading Places were more memorable than Musafa.

Depends on your age. Vader is definitely the correct answer, but I'm in my late thirties and when I think of him I think Vader then Mufasa.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom