RIP James Earl Jones | The Boneyard

RIP James Earl Jones

Reaction Score
Amazing actor, voice, presence, and man.

Field of Dreams and Matewan stand out for me.

Not many people seem to know Matewan. It's one of my favorite films from one of my favorite directors. James Earl Jones and Chris Cooper are amazing in it.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
RIP "This Is CNN" guy.

As an aside, was in the car an hour ago and two hosts on our major sports station were debating what Jones' most famous role was. One said the voice of Vader. The other was insisting it was Mufasa from Lion King and would not give in despite every caller saying Vader was the only correct answer.

I couldn't have even named Jones' character in Lion King. I would have said his roles in Field of Dreams, The Sandlot, or King Joffer in Trading Places were more memorable than Musafa.

Reaction Score
Probably the most iconic villain of all time. Even though he wasn't in the suit, Darth Vader would never be what he is today without the incredible time of James Earl Jones. RIP Lord Vader

James-Earl-Jones-Darth-Vader.jpeg

Reaction Score
A great actor who was more than just a voice... but he did have maybe the most iconic voice in Hollywood history. He was great in the Great White Hope as well.

He should have been nominated for playing a version of himself on The Big Bang Theory. It was one of the greatest later episodes of the show and he steals all the scenes he's in. It also allowed him to film a scene with Carrie Fisher for the only time in their careers.

Great case of you never know with kids. He was mute until around the age of 14 and now will always be remembered for his voice.

Reaction Score
Stratford CT, at one time, had a Shakespeare theater. I saw James Earl Jones play an incredible Othello there. He was awesome. Get this, Christopher Plummer played Iago. Desdemona was nondescript. Probably my best theater experience. At that time for Shakespeare plays, the cast did practice sessions at Stratford then took to it Broadway.
"Put out the light, and then put out the light". We lost a bright light

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Stratford CT, at one time, had a Shakespeare theater. I saw James Earl Jones play an incredible Othello there. He was awesome. Get this, Christopher Plummer played Iago. Desdemona was nondescript. Probably my best theater experience. At that time for Shakespeare plays, the cast did practice sessions at Stratford then took to it Broadway.
"Put out the light, and then put out the light". We lost a bright light
That was a great theatre. Saw Twelfth Night and Hamlet there as well as O'Neill's Mourning Becomes Electra. They had an incredible company of actors in 50's and 60's.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I don't feel for most celebs. However once in awhile a few hit me. He is one of them. A few actor/comedians also, but this is James time.

Reaction Score
I just read that for the first Star Wars movie which grossed $775 million Jones was paid $7000 for the voice work.

Reaction Score
If there is a "Voices" category in the entertainment pantheon, I would rank my top two as:
James Earl Jones & John Facenda...

Reaction Score
One major Hollywood star who had no scandal, controversy or shady dealings. His character was higher than his acting skills.

To overcome the trappings of Hollywood should be celebrated in his death. Respect!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I just read that for the first Star Wars movie which grossed $775 million Jones was paid $7000 for the voice work.

He said it took him two hours. My guess is his pay went up big after that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom