RIP Gale Sayers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

RIP Gale Sayers

Reaction Score
Gale Sayers is considered one of the greatest running backs in football history, which is why he was the youngest member voted into the Hall of Fame. Barry Sanders was not better at starting and stopping. Watch the film.
I'm thinking he was the youngest because he was eligible at a younger age - eligible 5 years after he retired, after playing only 4 years. ??

Anyway, I remember watching him on TV when I was a little kid, ripping off huge gains against my OU Sooners. R.I.P. Gale Sayers

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gale Sayers is considered one of the greatest running backs in football history, which is why he was the youngest member voted into the Hall of Fame. Barry Sanders was not better at starting and stopping. Watch the film.
Here's some Sanders film.

Reaction Score
Gayle was one of my hero’s growing up. OJ Simpson and Jim Brown were as well. Let us not forget Bo Jackson. Incredible athlete! And did anyone accomplish more with less than Walter Payton? Barry Sanders was awesome, & Thurman Thomas & Emmett Smith also had great careers. I wonder what Brian Piccolo’s first words were greeting him? He probably quipped “What took you so long?”. RIP Gayle. So many wonderful memories.

Reaction Score
Gayle was one of my hero’s growing up. OJ Simpson and Jim Brown were as well. Let us not forget Bo Jackson. Incredible athlete! And did anyone accomplish more with less than Walter Payton? Barry Sanders was awesome, & Thurman Thomas & Emmett Smith also had great careers. I wonder what Brian Piccolo’s first words were greeting him? He probably quipped “What took you so long?”. RIP Gayle. So many wonderful memories.

Yea, we have been witness to some fantastic RB's over the years. Bo Jackson....just wow....a career cut way too short, just like Sayers. Earl Campbell and John Riggins were great too, along with a number of others.

Gotta say though, if I had to pick my all time 2 RB backfield, it'll have to be Jimmy Brown and...Gayle Sayers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom