RIP Fab Melo | The Boneyard

RIP Fab Melo

Reaction Score
Apparently passed away at 26 in his native Brazil. Very sad, know he never got to the league really but was a great player at Cuse that season.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Apparently passed away at 26 in his native Brazil. Very sad, know he never got to the league really but was a great player at Cuse that season.
He actually got in a few games with Boston in 2012/13.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Very tragic news. Any word on how it was that he died?

Reaction Score
Wow, incredibly sad. Thoughts to his family and Cuse nation.

Reaction Score
Incredibly sad news for Cuse nation. I'll remember him as being a major disappointment as a freshman but completely transforming his game and body into a 1st round pick in 2012. He showed up as a McDonald's All-American freshman overweight and two steps too slow on defense. He was Boeheim's token doghouse member of the 2010-2011 team. He used it as motivation and dedicated himself that offseason, showing up a completely new player. I was at the SU midnight madness in November 2011 and I barely recognized him. He slimmed down nearly 30 lbs and was sprinting up and down the court, sometimes outrunning our NBA guards MCW and Waiters. He was running down the court catching alley-oops and blocking everything within 4 feet of the hoop. I turned to my friend and said, "FAB is going to be nasty this season, and SU will be a #1 seed." Although the season ended in a disappointing loss to Ohio State (Sullinger/Craft/Beaufort/Thomas) in the Elite 8, Fab was a huge reason that season was a great 4 months. Watching him and Drummond match up in the Dome was a big guy matchup I haven't seen in person since. Not every McD AA or Big East Defensive POY or First Rounder will pan out, but he should be remembered for anchoring a 30-1 regular season (the 1 loss was at Notre Dame during his suspension). I think SU was 28-0 with Fab in the lineup.

RIP Big Fella

Reaction Score
RIP Fab. Seemed like a really nice kid. And as a Celtics fan I was really psyched when they drafted him. Thought maybe we had a hidden gem. Gone far too soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom