RIP Dr. John | The Boneyard

RIP Dr. John

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Dr. John/Mac Rebbennac/the Night Tripper died the other day at the age of 77. In addition to being a real character, he was an incredible musician and from everything I know about him, a fine human being. Here’s one I listened to a lot when I was a kid:

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Dr. John/Mac Rebbennac/the Night Tripper died the other day at the age of 77. In addition to being a real character, he was an incredible musician and from everything I know about him, a fine human being. Here’s one I listened to a lot when I was a kid:

There was an article in a Pittsburgh paper about Dr John the other day.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Dr. John was an interesting and unique character in R&B/R&R. I saw him years ago when he was doing his New Orleans mystical gris-gris act which was before "Right Place, Wrong Time", and he was very strange indeed. Zuzu Man was typical of his act and his style at the time. Dr. John became a great ambassador for NO musics and a reliquary for the many styles, forms and musicians that made up that rich heritage. It's safe to say there would be no Harry Connick without Dr. John paving the way while promoting the likes of Professor Longhair, Allan Toussaint, Ernie K. Doe, The Meters and of course, Fats Domino. RIP Doc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
While I love his contribution to the Last Waltz and his other musical legacies, he may be best known around my house for the Curious George theme.

I have a great fondness for the Dr. Oh well. RIP.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom