RIP: Doris Day | The Boneyard

RIP: Doris Day

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

A legend with an amazingly long and diverse career.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
A long and varied career that lasted generations. But for me, anyone that opened their life and heart to animals and children was a Queen in my book. RIP young lady.

Last edited:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Doris Day was 28 in this clip from Young Man with a Horn, which also starred Kirk Douglas ( who is now 102?). Also, notice Hoagy Carmichael on piano. Hoagy wrote over 100 hit songs, including Stardust, Georgia on my Mind, Up a Lazy River, The Nearness of You, and Heart and Soul.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Co-Starred with James Stewart, James Cagney, Rex Harrison, David Niven, Kirk Douglas, Cary Grant, Gordon Mcrae, James Garner, Rock Hudson, Jack Lemmon, Rod Taylor, Dennis Morgan, Jack Carson. John Raitt, Stephen Boyd, Jimmy Durante, Frank Sinatra, and Howard Keel. Sang several Oscar-nominated and Oscar winning songs. Adept in Music, Comedy, Drama. Somehow never worthy of an honorary Oscar.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Doris Day was 28 in this clip from Young Man with a Horn, which also starred Kirk Douglas ( who is now 102?). Also, notice Hoagy Carmichael on piano. Hoagy wrote over 100 hit songs, including Stardust, Georgia on my Mind, Up a Lazy River, The Nearness of You, and Heart and Soul.

Wonderful clip, great song, nicely vocalized, and some fine talent onstage.

Reaction Score
In the Vietnam era going to a Doris Day movie was a welcome break from reality. She was as decent as she was talented and I'll never forget how she supported co-star Rock Hudson after his illness was known. I do like Groucho's line: "I knew her before she was a virgin."

Reaction Score
Wonderful clip, great song, nicely vocalized, and some fine talent onstage.
I lived in Simsbury abt 1947, the year Romance on the High Seas, Came out . In those farm fields everyone was singing---"it's Magic" She made many hits before this but this one MADE her. At one time or another I owned everything she had sung. Great voice, great diction, great presentation and a nice person.

Reaction Score
For the longest time they gave Doris nothing but gimmicky songs such as Mr Tap Toe, but she still turned them into hits I think her first decent song was from the Movie Calamity Jane. "Once I had a secret love" One of my favorites. She also did this catchy tune to start the Movie.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
My Uncle Charlie lived in S. Pasadena in the 1960's. He occasionally played tennis with her at a club where they were both members.

She was an amazing talent and wonderful lady. She will be missed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom