RIP Coach Rick Forzano | The Boneyard

RIP Coach Rick Forzano

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He was coach when UConn beat Yale for the first time after years of losing That coaching staff was ultimately the most accomplished in school history. Lou Holtz and Sam Rutigliano plus Forzano all became NFL head coaches. Holtz, of course, most famous as a college coach and father to Skip.

Forzano had a German Shepherd that got loose on campus one day and tried to bite several students, me included, before he was rounded up. We could’ve used that dog at linebacker this year.

Reaction Score
He was coach when UConn beat Yale for the first time after years of losing That coaching staff was ultimately the most accomplished in school history. Lou Holtz and Sam Rutigliano plus Forzano all became NFL head coaches. Holtz, of course, most famous as a college coach and father to Skip.

Forzano had a German Shepherd that got loose on campus one day and tried to bite several students, me included, before he was rounded up. We could’ve used that dog at linebacker this year.

@Jimdish255 posted this in a different thread a few weeks ago.
FE410C41-A219-4680-AE81-F24F0F24ACBB.png

Forzano third from right btwn Holtz and Baylock.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Forzano replaced long time HC Bob Ingalls whose at times successful tenure had fallen on hard times. His last year was my first. There was a big push to have him fired. One night, on Horsebarn Hill, somebody used baseball line marker lime to do the outline of a tombstone that said RIP Ingalls that was big enough to be visible from Mars.

Forzano came to UConn from the Naval Academy and once got the great Roger Staubach up to speak to the team. Holtz didn’t take long to earn his funny man reputation.

Reaction Score
Amazing...think about that coaching staff..I think only I never heard of 2 of those coaches Adolph and Sekanovich (if I spell their names correctly). Baylock is least famous of the 4...

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Rest in Peace Coach Forzano!!

Here is a cool video clip with him and Parcels last year. Forzano gave Bill his first NFL job.

Thanks for posting this 'medic. Sad news. He seemed like a great guy.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom