RIP Charlie Daniels | The Boneyard

RIP Charlie Daniels

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
He lost me for good with his gay panic song "Uneasy Rider '88." Just awful.

I didn't know he released another version. Always loved the original. And Now I'm glad I didn't hear the newer version.

Reaction Score
The music and the person are often times completely opposite. Frank Sinatra (with apologies to my Italian ancestors) was a terrible human being as was Elvis, Listen to "The Devil Went Down To Georgia", not Charlie Daniels.

Reaction Score
The music and the person are often times completely opposite. Frank Sinatra (with apologies to my Italian ancestors) was a terrible human being as was Elvis, Listen to "The Devil Went Down To Georgia", not Charlie Daniels.

Did you know any of the three personally? Of course not. You're just going by what you heard and how you feel about them as people. Opinions are not facts.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Opinions are not facts.
When I posted above I started to think of my favorite Charlie Daniels Band songs and they were all Marshall Tucker stuff. That's just my opinion though.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I saw him as an opening act at Rutgers in the '70's. Didn't know much about him at all, but I was looking to date someone who really liked his music although she didn't know what he looked like. It was odd, and I'm not sure who the other band was, I always thought it was Alabama, but I could be wrong. Not really my genre of music, certainly not at that time.

Rest in Peace.

Reaction Score
Is it just a coincidence that the Devil is now actually loose down in Georga.

Reaction Score
When I posted above I started to think of my favorite Charlie Daniels Band songs and they were all Marshall Tucker stuff. That's just my opinion though.

Wrong. Who sings a certain song is a fact, not an opinion. A fact can be proved, an opinion cannot.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wrong. Who sings a certain song is a fact, not an opinion. A fact can be proved, an opinion cannot.
Operative words are "my favorite." That is inherently opinion.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Did you know any of the three personally? Of course not. You're just going by what you heard and how you feel about them as people. Opinions are not facts.
Is it a fact that @Steelerone does not know any of these people personally? Or is that merely the opinion of @chrissaran? We just keep going round and round. One thing for sure though. Charlie D., much like Generalissimo Francisco Franco, is still dead. ;) IMHO :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Is it a fact that @Steelerone does not know any of these people personally? Or is that merely the opinion of @chrissaran? We just keep going round and round. One thing for sure though. Charlie D., much like Generalissimo Francisco Franco, is still dead. ;) IMHO :rolleyes:

Charlie Daniels is dead. If @Steelerone knows them, then he should have said so. My opinion, not fact, is that he doesn't know any of them personally.

Reaction Score
Damn, pretty big name in the country rock genre over the years.

He hosted his "Volunteer Jam" every year for quite awhile - bringing in his buddies for a jammin' good time:

In late 70s a city councilman here in Bristol CT. killed a man on his motorcycle. Charlie and his band were friends with A-Team Security from Bristol. They did security at all concerts in Connecticut back then! They held a motorcycle rally outside the police department with 2,000 motorcycles in attendance! After Charlie and Daniels Band gave a free concert outside the clubhouse for about 3 hours? What a great and wild time!!! RIP Charlie!!!

Reaction Score
If you feel that I somehow insulted you I apologize. For the record, I did not make a negative reference to Charlie Daniels. I was responding to another post. As for the other two, l didn't know Pol Pot personally but from all the articles I've read and from radio and tv reports, he wasn't a very nice person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom