RIP Brien McMahon HS's own Mo Tomlin | The Boneyard

RIP Brien McMahon HS's own Mo Tomlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anybody in/from the Norwalk, CT like myself knows him very well. He passed suddenly yesterday early evening. Worked security at the HS, where he was as standout basketball player, a head coach, and just an overall pillar in the Norwalk CT community. He was a gentle giant that touch many folks' hearts. His light truly shined. What I call a great man. A definite role model for the inner city youth of Norwalk CT. Prayers go out to his two children and family. Great dude.. I'm still in shock....

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Anybody in/from the Norwalk, CT like myself knows him very well. He passed suddenly yesterday early evening. Worked security at the HS, where he was as standout basketball player, a head coach, and just an overall pillar in the Norwalk CT community. He was a gentle giant that touch many folks' hearts. His light truly shined. What I call a great man. A definite role model for the inner city youth of Norwalk CT. Prayers go out to his two children and family. Great dude.. I'm still in shock....
I graduated McMahon in 1969, so I did not know him but knew of him. He looks to have put on way too much weight and it sounds like he had some kind of catastophic cardiovascular event.

Reaction Score
Yes, he did gain a lot of weight... and perhaps, his heart did fail... but the fact remains the guy was someone special.. needed to be acknowledged... And, most important, he was right with the Lord. So, you know he's in heaven... We all gotta go someday, no matter how in shape or outta shape you are...

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Yes, he did gain a lot of weight... and perhaps, his heart did fail... but the fact remains the guy was someone special.. needed to be acknowledged... And, most important, he was right with the Lord. So, you know he's in heaven... We all gotta go someday, no matter how in shape or outta shape you are...
I hear you. But the Lord also takes care of those who take care of themselves. I remember being 13 years old when my father had the first of 4 heart attacks, I remember how scared I was that I was going to lose my father. But he survived long enough to have a new "miracle" operation called a triple bypass. I feel for Mo's children,.

Reaction Score
I knew him as well, graduated BMHS when he was working security back in the day (he then went into coaching then back to security). He was a great guy, did a ton for the community and especially the inner-city youth. It's rare that a whole city can mourn the loss of one person but for Big Reese it's appropriate. Great guy.

Reaction Score
He gave my mom a big hug the other day... she said he'd come to caf for breakfast in the morning, bend down to great her with a gentle hug... the gentle giant...

Reaction Score
Believe JC recruited Frenchy or am I confusing him with Tharon Mayes?

Reaction Score
I hear you. But the Lord also takes care of those who take care of themselves. I remember being 13 years old when my father had the first of 4 heart attacks, I remember how scared I was that I was going to lose my father. But he survived long enough to have a new "miracle" operation called a triple bypass. I feel for Mo's children,.
Preach much? Totally inappropriate and unneeded.

Do not know the guy, but RIP.

Reaction Score
Believe JC recruited Frenchy or am I confusing him with Tharon Mayes?

Saw Frenchy play, nice player for sure but just outside of the BE level. Having said that he could have played at UConn at that point of the program. Went to Cleveland State I believe?

Reaction Score
There was a moment of silence for Mo before the Norwalk-Wilton FCIAC semi final. Norwalk then went out and won, 69-55. Major win for the city, especially for most of the kids that grew up with Mo at the Carver. If we still had Enoch on that team, I don't know if we would've lost at all this year. Should be a great one Friday night against Westhill. Just wish I could see it in person instead of read about it in the Hour a few hours later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom