Ring The Bell ... hopefully they really will | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ring The Bell ... hopefully they really will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The bell def needs to have a mic on it and I wouldn't guess that would be very difficult.

Do the cheerleaders still do push-ups? I remember seeing it but don't recall them doing it last year.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Could it have been because you were buzzing from the parking lot in the first half?

Not a ton of scoring in the second, so it was likely you would not have seen any after the second quarter.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
As a UCMB alumnus it pains me to say this, but IMHO the band should take the mic(s) that they use on themselves in the stands and place them around the bell.

The UCMB is great and always have been, but big-time college bands don't need or use mics. They just don't...

This. Thisthisthisthisthisthisthis!!!!!!

Reaction Score
The bell def needs to have a mic on it and I wouldn't guess that would be very difficult.

Do the cheerleaders still do push-ups? I remember seeing it but don't recall them doing it last year.
1. UConn no longer has cheerleaders: It has a "Spirit Squad" with no physical fitness requirements as the former cheerleaders had. UConn also has a dance team which is more physically fit than the "Spirit Squad" could ever hope to be.
The "Spirit Squad" may do pushups with 1 pushup counting as 5 points.:confused:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
In 231 there used to be a crew that would lift up one of their female counterparts over their heads in time with the ringing of the bell. That was fun. Wonder whatever happened to them (besides the fun police telling them not to do that).

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I've noticed that UCONN marketing has increased the emphasis of "Ring The Bell". T-shirts, coaching interviews, and twitter hash tags have all increased the use of the term.

However, if marketing has decided to increase the emphasis on the slogan ... will the game day experience increase the visibility of the actual bell ringing? If they continue to utilize it the same way then it will be an anonymous after thought drowned out by PA music or the band playing the fight song.

Therefore I suggest:

1 - Have the male cheerleaders wheel the bell to a more visible location - near the goal post?
2 - Nominate an alumnus/former player/Jonathan to ring the bell.
3 - Make it a stadium wide event. Cheerleaders and band members can lead the fans in counting.

I know to some of you this is a minor game day detail that you may not even have known about. But I think there is potential to create something unique to UCONN football. UCONN has obviously made a greater effort to market the term ... now I hope they follow through and enhance the tradition.
The "Ring The Bell" phrase is really catching on, and hopefully will become widely used by our fan-base and known thoughout the state... a la, Alabama to "Roll Tide" or Auburn to "War Eagle"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom