Rim Protector: Lets Review | The Boneyard

Rim Protector: Lets Review

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Paige is playing better now, by far, than at any point in her career. Offense, defense... she has been amazing in all aspects of the game. In these clips, you can see the effort she puts out on D. Might be the best defensive guard I've seen this season.

I sure hope that she and Azzi give it one more shot next year with a full heathy supporting cast. It would be amazing to watch.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Paige is playing better now, by far, than at any point in her career. Offense, defense... she has been amazing in all aspects of the game. In these clips, you can see the effort she puts out on D. Might be the best defensive guard I've seen this season.

I sure hope that she and Azzi give it one more shot next year with a full heathy supporting cast. It would be amazing to watch.
Just a healthy team would be fun to watch. Someday....maybe.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There are a number of ways to block shots. Pheesa was a great shot blocker who would tip the ball with either hand and then often grab the ball to start the UConn fast break.

Paige’s blocks this season have frequently ended up several rows in the stands, in what I would characterize as, “Don’t bring that &?$! in here!!!” :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There are a number of ways to block shots. Pheesa was a great shot blocker who would tip the ball with either hand and then often grab the ball to start the UConn fast break.

Paige’s blocks this season have frequently ended up several rows in the stands, in what I would characterize as, “Don’t bring that &?$! in here!!!” :)
I think it is because she's operating at the tips of her fingers. There is no controling it, just sending it.

Reaction Score
Paige blocks shots because Paige understands she needs to be at the height of her jump when a taller player starts their shot. Defense is about anticipation and blocking shots for normal sized players is about getting airborne a split second before the shooter.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I think it is because she's operating at the tips of her fingers. There is no controling it, just sending it.
Yes, but there’s also a certain ferocity and desire to both intimidate the shooter and pump up her teammates and the fans that I have to believe is part of Paige’s mindset when she does one of her tomahawk swats, sending the basketball 3 rows into the stands.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
I know I am like an old geezer retelling the same stories over and over, this one being about Bueckers and Park Lane. The first time they faced each other Bueckers was one of two players Park Lane never blew by. She blew by Griffin, Williams, Muhl, et al.

She did not blow by McClean, mainly because the couple times she was switched to her the freshman simply lost her. Meanwhile, the freshman Bueckers did not lose her, instead she kept fouling Park Lane. Bueckers quick feet were enough to keep her in the same area code as Park Lane, but not even our savvy basketball savant was yet experienced enough to avoid fouling in such a match up. I would like that match up now, though.

Bueckers will never get assigned the other team’s best player, as her energy on offense is just too valuable, but she has shown the tools to be a Jefferson/Faris level defender. She is a Michael Jordan type of two way player.

Reaction Score
I was watching a video of Paige's first season at UConn and couldn't help to notice how effective ONO was at preventing drives to the basket..........it just made life so much easier for the other defenders..........the team has missed that intimidating presence in the middle since her graduation.....................hopefully UConn won't have to wait many more years to successfully recruit another 6'4" plus shot blocker.

Reaction Score
I think we already have this player sitting on the bench, just let Amari play to giveher more confidence and will to train

Reaction Score
I have never posted anything critical about Amari, and I'm not about to start now. This is more criticism about posters who insist more playing time will inspire more confidence. That is what practice is for. Don't you think Amari (and everybody else) gets plenty of time in practice? Plus Amari is probably going up against Aaliyah in every practice. That's not enough? She needs game time too? I don't think game time is going to make any difference. Can someone explain to me why it would?

Reaction Score
I have never posted anything critical about Amari, and I'm not about to start now. This is more criticism about posters who insist more playing time will inspire more confidence. That is what practice is for. Don't you think Amari (and everybody else) gets plenty of time in practice? Plus Amari is probably going up against Aaliyah in every practice. That's not enough? She needs game time too? I don't think game time is going to make any difference. Can someone explain to me why it would?
Giving PT to Amari would let UCONN with an eight frontcourt, and would permit Aaliyah and Paige to play more in their natural positions (Aaliyah being a 4, ans Paige a 1 to 3), just my opinion

Reaction Score
and with a depleted roster, we need Ice and Amari to get ready, the backcourt is still full

Reaction Score
While I would be the first to say Amari hasn't earned more playing time, I am also in the camp that says the team needs her to be ready. Few other options exist. Would suggest she get 10+ minutes in future blow outs. She seems afraid to make a mistake. We saw Dorka's performance improve for many reasons, one possibly being that last year she knew that she was likely to stay in the game no matter what. Not everyone reacts well to Geno's motivation or practice style so what can UConn lose by giving her more playing time in upcoming League games.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I would be the first to say Amari hasn't earned more playing time, I am also in the camp that says the team needs her to be ready. Few other options exist. Would suggest she get 10+ minutes in future blow outs. She seems afraid to make a mistake. We saw Dorka's performance improve for many reasons, one possibly being that last year she knew that she was likely to stay in the game no matter what. Not everyone reacts well to Geno's motivation or practice style so what can UConn lose by giving her more playing time in upcoming League games.
My point exactly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom