Right Under Our Noses | The Boneyard

Right Under Our Noses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
  • 10 rebounds for Amida. It was disappointing not seeing the guards get the ball in his hands more often, but he is gradually improving on the boards.
  • Samuel played hard defense, did not have any glaringly stupid mistakes handling the ball, and is getting a little more dependable on the offensive end.
  • Despite being atrocious the rest of the game, Purvis hit those threes when it mattered most. We don't win without him.
As armchair coaches, it's very fun to rip these kids. But they're here for a reason. Great effort and a great win.

Reaction Score
  • 10 rebounds for Amida. It was disappointing not seeing the guards get the ball in his hands more often, but he is gradually improving on the boards.
  • Samuel played hard defense, did not have any glaringly stupid mistakes handling the ball, and is getting a little more dependable on the offensive end.
  • Despite being atrocious the rest of the game, Purvis hit those threes when it mattered most. We don't win without him.
As armchair coaches, it's very fun to rip these kids. But they're here for a reason. Great effort and a great win.
wtf?

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
wtf?

Don't act like you don't see it happening during every game. I don't read a ton of other forums but I can't imagine other fanbases pile on their own guys as much as we do.

Reaction Score
The point is that you find it "very fun" to "rip" a bunch of college kids. It's a little disturbing.

Reaction Score
Don't act like you don't see it happening during every game. I don't read a ton of other forums but I can't imagine other fanbases pile on their own guys as much as we do.
He's talking about how you said it's fun to do it.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
The point is that you find it "very fun" to "rip" a bunch of college kids. It's a little disturbing.

I don't personally. I phrased the OP poorly and it's not letting me edit it.

Reaction Score
Great game by AB. Florida was sagging inside so no easy lobs for AB. We had to shoot from the outside. He played a great game with limited attempts to score. He surely changes a game on D and if he keeps rebounding like that it will be huge going forward.

Reaction Score
I know we like to think of us as special but my guess is all fanbases pile on when they feel their team is not playing to their potential.

Reaction Score

I dunno, maybe it's just me but considering our record so far this year the board has been remarkably sane and level-headed. This board was a freaking warzone full of impetuousness, bile, anger and gossip during our '10 campaign. Either our fanbase is finally getting some patience and perspective, the post-championship honeymoon hasn't worn off yet, or Fishy has been tossing horrible threads into the woodchipper at a blistering rate.

I'm sure there are other fanbases way worse than we are right now when it comes to tossing college students under the bus.

Reaction Score
RyMaN600 said:
I dunno, maybe it's just me but considering our record so far this year the board has been remarkably sane and level-headed. This board was a freaking warzone full of impetuousness, bile, anger and gossip during our '10 campaign. Either our fanbase is finally getting some patience and perspective, the post-championship honeymoon hasn't worn off yet, or Fishy has been tossing horrible threads into the woodchipper at a blistering rate. I'm sure there are other fanbases way worse than we are right now when it comes to tossing college students under the bus.

We self police pretty well. There was some steroid-driven fitness owner dude who started a pathetic "we suck" thread after Temple and he was relentlessly mocked before the thread was deleted.

I think even when someone goes off the deep end basketball wise like Omar last year, some folks stick up for their character and hang in there with them.

Reaction Score
Yea I agree about the level headedness this year so far, I actually though the board was much worse last year during the stretch of Stanford, Houston, and SMU games. I guess the title and the realization that we have either new and/or young players having to make key plays during crunch time of games is contributing to the level of sanity amongst most(not all) posters.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but considering our record so far this year the board has been remarkably sane and level-headed. This board was a freaking warzone full of impetuousness, bile, anger and gossip during our '10 campaign. Either our fanbase is finally getting some patience and perspective, the post-championship honeymoon hasn't worn off yet, or Fishy has been tossing horrible threads into the woodchipper at a blistering rate.

I'm sure there are other fanbases way worse than we are right now when it comes to tossing college students under the bus.

Reaction Score
I harp on the 24 hour forgiveness rule for losses. The chatroom today was brutal with a lot of purverts, but that too is in the moment.

After all is said and done most posters seem remorseful and embarrassed for certain remarks. However it does not make any of us less a fan, perhaps just 'reactionary' types. We all have been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom