Right now, Geno is a guest analyst in the Seattle-Sun game on ABC | The Boneyard

Right now, Geno is a guest analyst in the Seattle-Sun game on ABC

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I had announced it earlier on the general thread but I am happy it has a thread of it's own.

Reaction Score
Just before the game started they were discussing Jonquel Jones and he said most of the post payers nowadays have ball skills and like to play on the perimeter. And getting them to bang down low (as Jonquel is willing to do) is the key to making them into a great player.

Sue doing her coaching schtick...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
He was glowing in his praise of Courtney Williams. Said she was the toughest player to guard he ever faced at UConn.
Williams gave Moriah fits to the point where Geno pulled Mo off her and replaced her with Gabby who did a reasonably good job of defending her.

Reaction Score
He was glowing in his praise of Courtney Williams. Said she was the toughest player to guard he ever faced at UConn.

I hear him say that about a lot of guards: Kelsey Mitchell and Cierra Dillard, for example.

Reaction Score
Now the crew asking Geno about the Muffet, "I will only hire women" dustup. He's funny.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What was his answer?
It was kind of an offshoot of a discussion on how many great WNBA players he has produced at UConn. How proud he was of developing such a large number of future WNBA stars, etc. He said first they were high school AA's and then college AA's, and they have made him a lot of money, plus they don't let him forget it (camera pans to Sue, jokes about Geno having to pick up the tab when he & Rebecca go do dinner, etc.).

On the Muffet comment thing he said he doesn't think you can eliminate 50% of the population. The other announcers reminded the audience Geno has hired only female assistants, and complimented him on developing young ladies into leadership positions. He said he wanted them to experience what it feels like to give orders to a man [??].

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I had announced it earlier on the general thread but I am happy it has a thread of it's own.

Sorry, I didn’t see it. I was watching the game, realized Geno was a guest analyst, and posted it right away, as this is time sensitive.

Carnac

Reaction Score

They had no answer for her, and she always played with a no fear approach when playing UConn. Also I remember she never changed facial expressions during a game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sue joining Geno & Rebecca on the air:

"How hard was he on you during your 4 years at UConn?" Sue tells stories, Geno says, "So lame - you know she was lying when you ask Sue Bird a question and she says, 'I don't know.' She's lying - that's the only time those words ever come out of her mouth."

[To Rebecca]:
Q: "Did coach ever make you cry at UConn the way he made Sue cry?"
Rebecca: "He made me cry a lot."
Geno: "There's a great game going on here."

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Geno showing lots of love for Anigwe. Complimented her athleticism and effort, and the quality minutes she's giving in this game.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Sue and Geno are pretty funny together. They had her miked up, played a brief clip from the beginning of the game basically being an assistant coach, just some random comment she made. Geno was cracking on her, "top level coaching right there." Fun stuff.

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Williams gave Moriah fits to the point where Geno pulled Mo off her and replaced her with Gabby who did a reasonably good job of defending her.

As we all remember, Mo was Uber quick. She rarely faced players that was as quick as she was. Williams was one of those few (and she had hops).

Last edited:

Carnac

Reaction Score
This is great. How often do we get 2 hours of Geno "live" talking women’s basketball? I'd like to see them invite Geno at least once more this season to do color. I really enjoyed it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom