Rico Brogna | The Boneyard

Rico Brogna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
quit after one year again! Can anyone trust a word he says?
Great piece Dan!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wonder what n. beckford does.

Reaction Score
Read Chip Malafronte's "Sunday Gravy" Column for more incite to Brogna's situation. "Brogna was born with Anktlosing spondylitis, a painful form of spinal arthritis with often debilitating symptoms. He said his condition worsened over the past year, and he spent considerable time in the hospital battling infections and receiving intravenous infusions.
He's been walking with a cane, and the recent flare-up forced him to cut back his duties as a pro scout for the Tampa Bay Rays.
.... Brogna said his desire to remain active in coaching despite his condition has, at times, been a selfish fault.
"It's unfair, what I've done, because I know I have health issues, and that's why I know there will be outside noise with this decision. I've put people in unfair positionS knowing my health would be a challenge. I did not anticipate the challenges I've had this past year. It was worse than I possibly could have imagined. Right now, I don't have the physical ability to go day to day. But I don't think (coaching) will ever be out of my system. I just don't know if or when I'll be able to do it again.""

Reaction Score
Read Chip Malafronte's "Sunday Gravy" Column for more incite to Brogna's situation. "Brogna was born with Anktlosing spondylitis, a painful form of spinal arthritis with often debilitating symptoms. He said his condition worsened over the past year, and he spent considerable time in the hospital battling infections and receiving intravenous infusions.
He's been walking with a cane, and the recent flare-up forced him to cut back his duties as a pro scout for the Tampa Bay Rays.
.... Brogna said his desire to remain active in coaching despite his condition has, at times, been a selfish fault.
"It's unfair, what I've done, because I know I have health issues, and that's why I know there will be outside noise with this decision. I've put people in unfair positionS knowing my health would be a challenge. I did not anticipate the challenges I've had this past year. It was worse than I possibly could have imagined. Right now, I don't have the physical ability to go day to day. But I don't think (coaching) will ever be out of my system. I just don't know if or when I'll be able to do it again.""

When he played for the Mets, the team was very careful with Rico. Even with the medical issue, he hit a bunch of HR's, right after he arrived, and was a very good defensive 1st baseman. The Mets ended up trading him and, despite all, he had a better than average MLB career. Too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom