Rick Pitino reveals his staff! | The Boneyard

Rick Pitino reveals his staff!

Reaction Score
I’m not sure it’s much of a demotion given the difference between the two programs. Pitino needed to upgrade his staff a bit for the Big East.
Wasn’t this essentially his title at UConn before he left (I think it was player development vs player personnel)? It’s definitely a demotion, though to your point, a much more understandable one given the circumstances.

Reaction Score
He didn't have to even take him to St. John's- could have cut him loose. Didn't do that- tells me he values Taliek. Had to make room for Van Macon to stay due to his connections

Reaction Score
Masiello basically took to dog & pushed everyone down a rung. Sucks for Taliek

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't think TB would have taken the position if he didn't feel it was/is a good fit and that the $ weren't there. It's in a better league and offers him more visibility.
Best of everything for TB

Reaction Score
probably comes with a hefty pay raise so that helps
I hope so but probably not. He's effectively in the role that he left from UConn a year ago. Hopefully he can land another asst. role somewhere shortly.

Reaction Score
I think we should not be surprised to see SJU and Gtown climb in the rankings this year. There is a thread about Dan Hurley and UCONN coming off the National Championship. This is a boon for all the other Big East programs too, big time. Sure, a couple other conferences are the big dogs for college football. This is college basketball and MSG is the biggest stage.

Taliek is home. He went to St. John's Prep after all.

Reaction Score
It really comes down to whether Taliek's career goal is coaching on the floor or personnel management.

Reaction Score
It is a demotion and I hope TB comes out of this OK. How do you go from sitting next to the head coach on the bench to a non-coaching position? It'll be fascinating to see how Ricky does with recruiting 12 more players.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
There's demotions and there's demotions. This demotion comes with a pay raise and endorsement from a HOF coach. And being an assistant coach for a conference champ is still on the CV. Besides, we're pushing him to take Hobbs spot at Rutty.

Reaction Score
He is if pitino has a say. He wanted masiello to get iona hc job per my maac sources
I’ll bet that Mas is making more money at SJU than he would’ve at Iona. So, did he say no to Iona or did they say no to him?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom