Richard Lagow | The Boneyard

Richard Lagow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm watching Indiana beat Michigan State and Lagow looks really good. Why can't we have any nice things?

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20161001-234447.png

Reaction Score
Didn't he throw for 400 last week? I think he also threw for 3 TDs and 4 picks.

Reaction Score
He was awesome in the second half, threw for 2 touchdowns and caught a touchdown.

Reaction Score
Told yah Lagow was good. Its thepowers that be who think they had a clue about who to hire here.

Reaction Score
Because Pasqualoni was an incredible idiot?
Yeah but he recruited the kid here. He also got Cochran. That's two pretty good QBs he managed to land in a short period of time. You could make the argument they are the two most talented we signed post Orlovsky.

But yeah P sucked, and I wish he never happened here.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Yeah but he recruited the kid here. He also got Cochran. That's two pretty good QBs he managed to land in a short period of time. You could make the argument they are the two most talented we signed post Orlovsky.

But yeah P sucked, and I wish he never happened here.

I'll continue to stand by the fact that I think PP recruited very well. We are seeing evidence of it even now.

The biggest issue for PP is that he wasn't willing to say "no" to his buddy GDL. We had Don Brown on defense. We had Foley on the OL (for the first year only, which was our last 1,000 yard rushing year). And we had talent. But we had an entire f#$king castle full of wallpaper...

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I'm not an insider at all. I'm just a regular fan and 1,600 miles from Storrs. But whoever is responsible for losing Lagow is a fool.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Who's Richard Lagow and why do people keep making threads about him?

Highly ranked QB from Plano, TX (suburb of Dallas) who committed to UConn. I think he was told he'd be #4 on the depth chart so he went to a junior college and then I thought he went to FIU, but he ended up at Indiana and is doing well. They beat Michigan State today.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I remember him recruiting players to UConnand talking about his love for the program. When the coach that shouldn't be named ever again over recruited him he stuck to his commitment but didn't sign for a week. When he got here there was two other true freshman and he saw the writing on the wall.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Highly ranked QB from Plano, TX (suburb of Dallas) who committed to UConn. I think he was told he'd be #4 on the depth chart so he went to a junior college and then I thought he went to FIU, but he ended up at Indiana and is doing well. They beat Michigan State today.

After JuCo he went to Oklahoma St. Sometimes sarcasm doesn't work well on the internet. In all sincerity, thanks for the genuine response. Not everyone is as cynical as me. It's nice to see.

Reaction Score
Spent a very brief period at Oklahoma State I believe not FIU and bolted similar to UConn when things weren't in his favor it would seem.

Reaction Score
Sometimes, recruitments don't work out. Still, he went through training camp with UConn then packed up & left just before school started. In hindsight, for UConn it was costly to the depth chart. I have wondered if his leaving the program as he did had any negative effect on UConn's ability to recruit subsequently in Texas. This one hurt. I would have enjoyed watching him play in a Husky uniform.

Reaction Score
I see these comparisons of Diaco to P and I think the one thing that folks need to realize is that under P the system and culture were fractured. The QB situation was a good example. Lagow, Nebrich and Cochran could all play and none of them say the field to any meaningful degree under P. OLine development was completely stunted. The culture turned very bad and in the Buffalo game the team essentially told the coaches to go duckk themselves. P lost the team and program and Ward made the good decision to send him packing. I suspect Lagow was one of the many symptoms of fractured leadership.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I'm watching Indiana beat Michigan State and Lagow looks really good. Why can't we have any nice things?
because were cursed forever like the Red Sox were

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate