Rich with background info on the walk-ons | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rich with background info on the walk-ons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Too many Brias. They are calling her Polly ( from Pulido).

Reaction Score
I'll say it first...this girl is tough as nails.. Kelly Faris Jr.....obviously shorter and less notoriety...Black belt and 3 sport athlete...high basketball I.Q....IMO..she is going to help w/ minutes and surprise everyone..:cool: Go Huskies...!!
I was wondering who the next Kelly Faris would be. Seems we've got a candidate.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She may have wanted one and then the other. I remember it both ways or something like that.

Reaction Score
Diana requested a number (perhaps 1). Geno told her no. Then she requested a second one - I'm pretty sure it was zero - and Geno got ticked off, for the reasons I indicated above.

Reaction Score
IMO your association of Lawlor to Faris is spot on. In fact, her high school and AAU play has often been likened to that of Faris and at a quick glance she even sometimes resembles her. Go Huskies! Go TLAW!
I don't know Tierney or her parents but both of her grandfathers were great football players at Ansonia High School. So she has good blood lines.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Tierney Lawlor photo . . .

AR-301109999.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667
images

I can't get over how much she looks like one of my favorite guards, Lindsay Whalen.

Reaction Score
That's what I remember. But I'm old and my memory fades. :rolleyes:
\
Meyers: You are a whipper snapper and know next to nothing about old.....and even less about memory, as you have next to none.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
\
Meyers: You are a whipper snapper and know next to nothing about old.....and even less about memory, as you have next to none.
Comparatively, all very true. But I am learning about old rather rapidly. ;)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
HA! An Engineer wanna be. My new fave. Go TLaw!
Good find. Don't see a lot of women in engineering, and civil engineering to boot. She's gonna be a busy young lady.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Diana requested a number (perhaps 1). Geno told her no. Then she requested a second one - I'm pretty sure it was zero - and Geno got ticked off, for the reasons I indicated above.

Yes, this is my recollection.

Reaction Score
Usually I don't get to excited about walk-ons, but I truly believe that these two players have talent and great attitudes and just might make a significant contribution to the team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Usually I don't get to excited about walk-ons, but I truly believe that these two players have talent and great attitudes and just might make a significant contribution to the team.
Don't get your hopes up too high. We've never had a walk-on significantly contribute (on the court during games - except that one time when Marron came on and hit some shots). We've had quite a few ranked, recruited girls not up to the level of UCONN and not able to contribute much. So to expect a walk-on to be able to, is a pretty healthy stretch.

I'm not expecting anything other than a good practice player, good teammate, fan favorite, with mop up duty in games. And I would be very happy with that. And let's hope they aren't needed for anything other than that.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
and the sound of awwwwww in the arena every time they miss a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads