Rich: Uconn targeting 2013 Linnae Harper | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rich: Uconn targeting 2013 Linnae Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The NCAA considers this a major violation, and depending on the size of the sandwich it could result in major sanctions.
Not if you include fries.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Kaela Davis at #2 overall and Rebecca Greenwell at #5 overall. Greenwell is labeled as a wing in the list, but her write-up lists her as a guard. Both she and Davis are over 6'.
And Harper sounds like a very different kind of player (I've never seen footage of her).

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
And Harper sounds like a very different kind of player (I've never seen footage of her).

One thing that stands out in all these write-ups is her outstanding versatility. These kinds of players really appeal to Geno. Also, someone who is noted as a 'punishing' player, with great physical strength and toughness, at only 5'6" (!!) has to get him excited.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One thing that stands out in all these write-ups is her outstanding versatility. These kinds of players really appeal to Geno. Also, someone who is noted as a 'punishing' player, with great physical strength and toughness, at only 5'6" (!!) has to get him excited.
Some sources list her as all of 5'7" but the point is the same--physically punishing at that size. It makes me very, very curious. We need videos!! :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Some sources list her as all of 5'7" but the point is the same--physically punishing at that size. It makes me very, very curious. We need videos!! :D

Ok

Reaction Score
Anyone else think it's weird that her team was referred to as a "black" elementary school team? What's that about?

I'm pretty sure that was just a typo that didn't get caught. "Black" was meant to be "boys" I say this because bringing race into it makes no sense. There is nothing special or unusuall about a black elementary school team winning the Chicago public league championship. Parker and Harper also play for separate Chicago public league high school teams that are predominately black and both players are black.

What differentiated that elementary school team was that it was a boys team that Harper was playing on it. Black doesn't make any sense as an adjective because it wouldn't differentiate their team in any way.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Ask and ye shall receive. I like this! Thanks!

Nice spin move, especially for her height. And she missed the FT--she'll be a good fit. :D

Tough screen in the backcourt on her teammate. Ouch!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
From a USA BB write-up:

"You most want to play one-on-one against: Katie Smith and Maya Moore."

LINK

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
From a USA BB write-up:

LINK
I'm sure Maya will drop by practice once in awhile. :)

Reaction Score
Not surprised! I said a while back that she could be who Shea was looking at while in Chicago a while back! Harper is a great guard from the area! Rebounding machine for a 5-7 guard and lightening quick!
In writing the previous post,lol,I forgot to mention Harper,who I knew we liked and I had mentioned numerous times over the past year + that I wanted badly! Linnie is that good! The coaches have had the opportunity to see her develop for a# of years as we have had Il kids/recruits for years now! Most recently Johnson and Morgan! Remember, in most cases when we want a kid it is a process that very often involves years of watching and recruiting! Think how long Harper has been in the area of kids we got and some we didn't! Didn't we have a major interest in Jewell! The insiders recruiting process is fascinating. an example is Diggins,South Bend! She was a ND fan from the time she was a kid! They hired their 2001 4 year pg star, AA, NC for the purpose of developing such a close bond that we had no chance with Diggins! She played there for 4 years and then became a restricted earning coach when that exhisted. Goal Diggins!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From a USA BB write-up:

LINK
I can see her trying to push and shove The Magnificent One. :)

Linnae was 1st team All-State (in Illinois!) as a freshman. She has also averaged a double-double each of her 3 seasons. Wow!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Well!

This girl is clearly a PF in a PG body! Quite an intriguing player. I, too, noted the free throw form.... perhaps she is not the purest of outside shooters. But that would fit with the PF vs. PG style.

If Geno gets her, it looks to me like the Huskies will be adding a Bulldog to the roster!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Is that an NCAA violation?

If it were, then KML would have been guilty of multiple infractions before enrolling at Storrs!!! She has been our recruiter-in-chief (after CD) for a while now. Good thing it's kosher

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
From a USA BB write-up:

LINK

I found this quote telling: This ambidextrous player wears No. 15 because: "No one at Whitney Young has made history with that number, and my goal is to make history."

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I found this quote telling: This ambidextrous player wears No. 15 because: "No one at Whitney Young has made history with that number, and my goal is to make history."
High goals! Good for her.

Ambidextrous--I like that. Yogi would call her amphibious. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was wondering how her name is pronounced, so I did a little research. It's:

Bree-Ann-ah. Of course! :)

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
We should keep an eye on the tryouts in Colorado May 17-21....17U and 18U.
You would think Harper would be there....as well as a few of our incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom