Rich: Uconn targeting 2013 Linnae Harper | The Boneyard

Rich: Uconn targeting 2013 Linnae Harper

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Not surprised! I said a while back that she could be who Shea was looking at while in Chicago a while back! Harper is a great guard from the area! Rebounding machine for a 5-7 guard and lightening quick!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Nice! Happy to see we're putting our eggs in lots of baskets for this recruiting class. It's a talented but very unpredictable one.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Harper is an intriguing player. She was the only junior finalist for the Naismith award. She is only 5'7", but extremely strong, a terrific rebounder and a player who can score in a variety of ways. I think she played forward for WY.

Here's an article that talks about her game. This article says she has a scholarship offer from UConn and other schools (ND, KY, etc) as well.

http://www.csnchicago.com/preps/news/Whitney-Youngs-Harper-could-be-Prep-POTY?blockID=668032

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Bruin: have you seen her play?
No I have not. She would have been a year too young and would have been an 8th grader when I watch Heritage and Whitney Young.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
This sounds like an opinion of someone we are familiar with: "Playing with the boys taught me how to play the game, how to become a better player. Then when I played with the girls, it eased the pressure on me. At first, the boys didn't care if I was there and didn't guard me. But then they realized I had an impact on my team."

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Harper is an intriguing player. She was the only junior finalist for the Naismith award. She is only 5'7", but extremely strong, a terrific rebounder and a player who can score in a variety of ways. I think she played forward for WY.

Here's an article that talks about her game. This article says she has a scholarship offer from UConn and other schools (ND, KY, etc) as well.

http://www.csnchicago.com/preps/news/Whitney-Youngs-Harper-could-be-Prep-POTY?blockID=668032
Good find, cat. She sounds like a good one.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
If we land here we could have a lineup of a few lightning quick, smaller gaurds and a very imposing front line. Chong is 5'9, MoJeff and Harper are 5'7, all very very quick. This would be a great lineup to extend defensive pressure out on the perimeter because Stewart, Tuck and Stokes could stay close to the basket and block shots. Much like Baylor did this year....

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"She does more things. She can run a team, play inside or outside, defend, handle the ball, rebound and pass. She knows the game better than any young kid I have seen. She has such a high basketball IQ for knowing what to do and when to do it. She is physically mature."

This is what I like to hear re: prospective point guards...... sign her up!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Linnae and Jabari [Parker] were classmates from first through eighth grades. In eighth grade, they played together on a black elementary school team that almost won a city championship. But Linnae was forced to play in two tournaments in one day, one for girls and one for boys."

"I had a girls tournament at Montini in Lombard. Then I went to the boys tournament at Whitney Young," she recalled. "We were behind 28-9 when I got there. We were playing Beasley, the No. 1 team in the city, with Tommy Hamilton. I did whatever I could do to get us back in the game. We lost by three points."

After playing a girl's tournament game, she comes into a boy's tournament game, turns things around and almost erases a 19-point deficit. She has both game and stamina!

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Anyone else think it's weird that her team was referred to as a "black" elementary school team? What's that about?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Anyone else think it's weird that her team was referred to as a "black" elementary school team? What's that about?
I agree. In parts of Chicago, I'm sure that the teams are all black and the enrollment may be very largely black, but to describe it as a "black shool" seems odd.

Reaction Score
If she comes for a visit I'll make her a sandwich.

The NCAA considers this a major violation, and depending on the size of the sandwich it could result in major sanctions.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score

Glad that others noticed this. Odd reference, for sure.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"MilfordHusky, post: 228535, member: 3z6zzzzz6"]Here's the HG write up on Linnae. An outstanding power forward at 5'6'!!

"Physically punishing." Wow!

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/99687/linnae-harper[/quote]

Sounds like a Kelly Faris who likes to score.

Interesting the this site has her ranked #6 in her class, yet only the third best at her position. Who are the two higher than her?
Kaela Davis at #2 overall and Rebecca Greenwell at #5 overall. Greenwell is labeled as a wing in the list, but her write-up lists her as a guard. Both she and Davis are over 6'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom