Rich: Stewart emerging as leader of Huskies | The Boneyard

Rich: Stewart emerging as leader of Huskies

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
All-American Breanna Stewart did not have to be a team leader for the Huskies during the first two years of her career. Players such as Stefanie Dolson, Caroline Doty, Kelly Faris and Bria Hartley took care of that role as Stewart just let her game do the talking.

Dolson, Doty, Faris and Hartley are gone now. And if the way Stewart handled herself during Monday’s postgame press conference at Maples Pavilion is any indication, she is poised to assume a significant leadership role this season.

And a challenge from Geno:

“I think Stewie’s made tremendous progress,’’ Auriemma said. “I think she’s graduated from being able to defend CD 1-on-1 to she might be able to defend me 1-on-1 right now. But other than that I don’t know that she’s going to be able to be the kind of leader she wants to be and that we want her to be if she doesn’t become a great 1-on-1 defender. Like she has spent the first two years here with the luxury of a whole bunch of guys that made stuff easy for her. She would just come cruising around and block a shot, do something spectacular and everybody would go, `ooo,’ while everybody else was like locking down their man and helping on her man. So now this year she doesn’t have that.’’

LINK

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
pap49cba said:
All-American Breanna Stewart did not have to be a team leader for the Huskies during the first two years of her career. Players such as Stefanie Dolson, Caroline Doty, Kelly Faris and Bria Hartley took care of that role as Stewart just let her game do the talking.

Dolson, Doty, Faris and Hartley are gone now. And if the way Stewart handled herself during Monday’s postgame press conference at Maples Pavilion is any indication, she is poised to assume a significant leadership role this season.

And a challenge from Geno:

“I think Stewie’s made tremendous progress,’’ Auriemma said. “I think she’s graduated from being able to defend CD 1-on-1 to she might be able to defend me 1-on-1 right now. But other than that I don’t know that she’s going to be able to be the kind of leader she wants to be and that we want her to be if she doesn’t become a great 1-on-1 defender. Like she has spent the first two years here with the luxury of a whole bunch of guys that made stuff easy for her. She would just come cruising around and block a shot, do something spectacular and everybody would go, `ooo,’ while everybody else was like locking down their man and helping on her man. So now this year she doesn’t have that.’’

LINK

Again can't access the link but I am willing to bet judging from her reaction post game that this kid is ready to drive the bus.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Again can't access the link but I am willing to bet judging from her reaction post game that this kid is ready to drive the bus.
Think you're phone has a problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34