Rich: KML Listed as Doubtful for Wednesday | The Boneyard

Rich: KML Listed as Doubtful for Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I had a similar, mild, concussion playing pickup bball in college: Blow to the side of the head (temple), neck muscles also involved (quite sore the next day or two). I'm told I was scatterbrained for about 20 mins. After that, I was woozy but coherent for the rest of the evening.

I sure didn't feel like playing sports for a few days! It was probably a week or so before I felt like playing in another pickup game, which is a much less intense affair than an official varsity game at the college level.

I'm betting she will be up to snuff for the Maryland game. I'd be happy to see her sit this next one out.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Yep, no biggie for tomorrow. Let her get ready for the Twerps.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
We will be fine!!!

More minutes for the freshman!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
My thought as well, so will he start 3 vet guards + Stew and Steff or give Tuck or Stokes a start.
Should be some competitive practices.
Anyway we'll see a lot of the Freosh and sophs (remaining)
I know: who starts isn't that important, yadda, yadda).

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Doesn't it seem like....oh my god, down to 9 all-stars. What a I going to do?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I had a similar, mild, concussion playing pickup bball in college: Blow to the side of the head (temple), neck muscles also involved (quite sore the next day or two). I'm told I was scatterbrained for about 20 mins. After that, I was woozy but coherent for the rest of the evening.

I sure didn't feel like playing sports for a few days! It was probably a week or so before I felt like playing in another pickup game, which is a much less intense affair than an official varsity game at the college level.

I'm betting she will be up to snuff for the Maryland game. I'd be happy to see her sit this next one out.
Only 20 minutes? :)

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that Bria will take KML's spot in the starting five on Wednesday. It will be interesting to see who starts against Maryland. Such a wealth of options, so many deserving players.

We are one lucky group of fans. :)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Any other season losing a starter we would all be concerned. This season we dont have to much to worry about except injuries. If a player gets in foul trouble we have the players to come in and not miss a beat. One other point we have 6 star players that are frosh and sophs. Just think what we have to look forward to. This is really unbelievable

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Selfishly, I hope she plays against Maryland and Penn State because I will be at those games. But no, she absolutely should not play against Colgate.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
According to Geno (per Jim Fuller tweet), KML will not play against Colgate tomorrow night.

I expect the horde will have access to Geno and the team later today so we'll likely hear more about her condition.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
More info from Geno in Rich's blog (http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/):
  • KML's said her head hurt yesterday, though she didn't take a direct blow to the head;
  • KML wouldn't play tomorrow if the opponent were a ranked team; the team will err on the side of caution and KML will play when she passes the relevant tests;
  • Bria will start in KML's place;
  • KML has been the team's best player over the first 5 games.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
She will be missed, but keeping her out to heal has my vote.

HGN

Reaction Score
Better safe than sorry..........Why potentially make things worse when you can give her the night off and have her ready for the next game.

Let her sit this one out.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Puts off the question - who starts when BH, CD, BS, KML, KF, and SD are all available - off until at least MD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom