Rich: Geno Says ND Loss Fuel for Next Season | The Boneyard

Rich: Geno Says ND Loss Fuel for Next Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From Rich's blog: http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2012...-notre-dame-will-provide-fuel-for-off-season/

Geno opened a new restaurant today and took some time to talk about the season, the final game against ND and what lies ahead for the returning players:

Auriemma believes that the loss to Notre Dame will serve as a prod as the Huskies begin their off-season workouts. He also is optimistic that the returning players will make considerable strides during the off-season and return as an improved group next season.

“Whenever you go into the off-season I don’t think there’s any time where you don’t think that everybody’s got everything covered,’’ Auriemma said. “So every single player on our team … Every single one of them is looking to do something a little more than what they did (this) year. If you look at the way a lot of them played this year, if you look at where we were really good, where we struggled … So you look at the guys that are upperclassmen it’s easy to see, `OK, well, Kelly wants to get better at …’ From where she was as a freshman to where she is now she’s a changed herself as a player completely. So now what’s the next step? Stefanie Dolson, the same thing. Bria Hartley, the same thing. Kiah Stokes. Brianna Banks. Kaleena Lewis. Are they going to be able to capitalize? You look at them all and you say, `I don’t think any one of them as we went through the season maxed out on who they are.’ So you could be looking at a group of players coming back next year that I would hope that none of them are exactly the same as they were this year. None of them. Every one of them is going to be better. That’s my goal for all of them.’

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm glad to see Kiah and Brianna mentioned by name. They both have a ton of talent. The first year is the hardest. They survived and know what they need to do.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It sounds as though Geno's end-of-season meetings are constructive.

HGN

Reaction Score
I too am glad to see Geno mention, and personalize , the players by name. Especially Brianna Banks and Kiah Stokes. These 2 I think can be big difference makers going forward. I was surprised that Banks didn't get more playing time this year , but it should be a motivator for her preparing for next season. I don't know what recipe's Geno will serve up at his new eatery , but I hope he serves us up a NC next year..... He has the ingredients on next years team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom