Rich: Geno not worried about Bria's slow start | The Boneyard

Rich: Geno not worried about Bria's slow start

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“You can tell she’s still not quite there, but I’m not worried about her,’’ Auriemma said. “I know where she’s going to be when it’s all settled. I know where she’s going to be. My job right now is to work on the younger guys and get them caught up before too much longer.’’

One thing that seems to be a certainty is that Hartley will be seeing less time at point guard moving forward and more time at her natural position of two-guard.

“We need her as a scorer,’’ Auriemma said. “Her best attribute on the floor is to make plays for herself, make big shots, and in order to do that you need a lot of confidence. And she hasn’t been on the court enough to make shots, make plays. So it’s a little bit of a struggle for her right now. But that’s where Caroline (Doty) comes in. I think Caroline can help her a lot. The two of them can help each other a lot, by the way, because they both have their issues that they’re trying to overcome. And I think up to this point, the two of them, they’ve done a great job.’’

LINK

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
For those who dont know Bria is a worker. When shes home shes constantly working on her game in the gyms in NY. She works with the coaches and trainers who got her to where she is. Shes a great kid. I would expect over the next 2 weeks and then her Christmas break while shes home to come back in much better shape. Think about this. KML and Bria on the wings. Two great scorers who can open things up for our bigs. We need to be patient and let it come together.

Reaction Score
For those who dont know Bria is a worker. When shes home shes constantly working on her game in the gyms in NY. She works with the coaches and trainers who got her to where she is. Shes a great kid. I would expect over the next 2 weeks and then her Christmas break while shes home to come back in much better shape. Think about this. KML and Bria on the wings. Two great scorers who can open things up for our bigs. We need to be patient and let it come together.

Good perspective, thanks!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1. We are not the only ones who think her play is subpar. I agree that she will be fine in time, hopefully before the Stanford game.

2. I'd like to see Bria adjust her shot. I think Kaleena's shot got flat in midseason last year, before she adjusted. I think Bria may have experienced the same in midseason. Her shot looked very, very flat vs. Maryland. Just a little more air under the ball might help immensely.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Bria is not a problem.. I agree with Geno.... What UConn needs is the 3 frosh plus Kiah to get closer to their potential.. When they do, watch out!

Reaction Score
I think Bria can run the point, but I think it helps her to start off the game as a two guard. This happens a lot in big games (when she plays her best) where she would start off the game as a 2, with her primary focus being to score and defend..and then as the game went on, she'd be moved to the one, but her mentality would be set.

I think when she starts off as a 1, a lot of the times she's a lot less aggressive, and then tries to force some things..and then loses confidence.

Doty helps with that.

Reaction Score
The only thing I don't like about Bria is her foul shooting. She seems more intent on spinning the ball than making the shot. I would rather see her set the ball still before letting it go like most other players do.
Her other scoring will come soon I expect.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Does anyone think there is a connection between the three on three tournament this summer, and the sub par performances thus far for both Bria and Skylar Diggins. Chiney has been doing well. Bria injury was during the tournament, correct?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Yes, the injury was from the tournament and no, I do not think there is any connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom