Rich Elliot: Interview with Breanna Stewart | The Boneyard

Rich Elliot: Interview with Breanna Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“I didn’t think that I needed to draw attention like that,’’ Stewart said. “I’d rather just be low-profile. It was a very big day. I am really looking forward to being at Connecticut. Not to say that I want my senior year of high school to fly by, but I’m really excited to get there. I think the most exciting part is just being there and trying to help the team win and getting better in any way that I can.’’

LINK

Reaction Score
Wow. Is THAT the right stuff or what? I recall making a post a year or so ago.....i forget what she had said or done now, but I remember saying that she seems to think of herself as kind of a bigshot. That was as off target as my famous prediction that we would get the kid who ended up at KY (or L'ville) after narrowing down with us in her final two.
So, I'll be having another helping of crow right now, thank you. Hope I don't get to like this damn bird.......could make for a less expensive Thanksgiving, though............always a bright side. Keep smilin.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
boy not only is she the most talented forward perhaps ever coming out of HS, but as one poster noted, she also says the exact right things. what an absolute gem we are getting!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
She sounds almost too good to believe.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
She sounds almost too good to believe.
Yeah, when I read that quote of hers, I said to myself: "Thankyou Geno, CD, Shea, Marissa, Kaleena and any other team members who helped recruit her." And now I have to add thanks to Breanna herself, and to her family.

Reaction Score
I like it that she can play any position if necessary. Can you imagine a 6'4 point guard running the show. Realisticly I see Breanna as a 2, 3, or 4. She is the real deal, and she's good friends with Diamond.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
How many kids in this day and age would pass on the opportunity to have a big, overblown 'signing ceremony'?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
How many kids in this day and age would pass on the opportunity to have a big, overblown 'signing ceremony'?
Not many, that's for sure, though in fairness, such ceremonies, if done properly, can be as much about the families, coaches, and communities that put a kid in the position to sign with a big-time college program as they are about the kid him/herself. I think the ceremony at Bollingbrook sounded like that kind of event.

But Breanna does seem to be a legitimately low-key girl. Her confidence is present and genuine, so she doesn't need to project false confidence. She lets everyone else talk about how good she is and does very little to draw attention to herself...other than be an evolutionary talent.

Reaction Score

not many,unfortunately. it's enjoyable to see the best player in that class keeping things in perspective. with her work ethic and talent, she may very well be one of those rare ones, a 4-time first teamer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom