Rich: Benching has provided a spark for Stokes | The Boneyard

Rich: Benching has provided a spark for Stokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
“I think not playing in our last game was a big wakeup call,’’ Stokes said. “He’s not going to wait for me and just play me just because we don’t have a lot of big post players. It’s definitely a wakeup call. I definitely think I can fill the shoes I need to fill. He has been patient with me so far, but basically I need to turn it up right now. It’s now or never basically.’’

LINK

Reaction Score
I believe in Stokes. I had a good feeling about her before she came to UCONN and I still do now. She will become a very good player

Reaction Score
I sure hope she can do it.
She seems like a great kid.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I was very suprised the first time I saw her on the court for the Huskies. She definitely has a college-ready body, very long and strong, wide shoulders. After this season and a summer on the weights and working low post moves and conditioning she could be a real beast next year. I think she gonna be a really good one here.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
those are great quotes by her. i have watched her and she's very athletic and strong for only being a freshman. i really think Kiah is going to be special.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Hell of a quote. If Kiah the basketball player can mature to the level of Kiah the person, she'll be more than fine. Having a dad who played in the NBA has ot help with this kind of stuff.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This is very encouraging. Those 3 freshman can really help this teams success in the post season. Kiah could be a huge factor for UCONN.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
From HS to college basketball is big adjustment. From HS to UCONN basketball is a really, really big adjustment. Looks like they are starting to realize that leap and starting to make that adjustment.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno described her as a sweet kid, which she seems to be. Like Tina Charles did, she needs to up the intensity and get a little mean on the court. She could be a very, very effective player for us.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Encouraging piece by Rich on the progress of Kiah and Brianna during the past few days of practice. I really like this quote from Geno that sums up what it's like to be a freshman and what the coaches are looking for which is to go hard no matter what else is going on. It's likely that the "don't know" leads to the "don't go," but that needs to change.

“There’s been a lot more consistent effort and production,’’ Auriemma said. “And you can see the results in practice. For young players that’s everything. There’s so much you don’t know, but when you compound that `don’t know’ with `don’t go’ that’s a bad combination. So go hard and kind of get after it a little bit then whatever you don’t know doesn’t seem as bad.’’

Reaction Score
It was a pretty safe bet that KML was going to play this well. Before the season started I was very excited about Banks and after seeing Stokes in limited play, I was very please with what I saw. Geno recruited, what I hope turns out, two very special players. Banks and Stokes, already with unique skills and athleticism, bring a physicality like no other player currently on the team. They are going to give teams a lot of problems come March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom