Rice and Nancy Mulkey WNIT | The Boneyard

Rice and Nancy Mulkey WNIT

Reaction Score
Mulkey with 19 points, 12 boards, 7 blocks. She came to play today, I guess. Not sure what she is doing next year yet but she is 6’9” when she goes to bed, 6’9” when she gets up, and 6’9” all day long. I’d like to have seen her in the Dance but I guess they got upset in conference final.

Mulder

In Search of One Objective Poster
Reaction Score
I still have a difficult time grasping this :D

Curious, did Baylor, Texas or A&M recruit her?
Coach Mulkey took a look and passed on her.

Glad she found a home at Rice.

Reaction Score
Congrats Ole Miss on making it to the championship game. Last year, I thought they were the worst team in D-1. This year, they started playing some decent ball. Not great, but a vast improvement over the previous year. The NIT was a perfect fit for Ole Miss (on the way up) as opposed to a Miss St and Notre Dame (both showed downward movement).

And, of course, congrats to Rice for winning.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Mulkey was a decent tall player, but she wasn’t really a Power 5 type of talent.
I thought that too after seeing Nancy on the national team. And she couldn’t step in at OU as a star.

But her play the last two years at Rice reminded me again how growth isn’t linear. I can think of a number of P5 teams she could have helped had the coaches had the requisite patience.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I still have a difficult time grasping this :D

Curious, did Baylor, Texas or A&M recruit her?
Have you ever seen her play or try to move about the court? Let's just say athleticism and strength are not her strong point. Size and length, yes.

Having said that, I don't understand why people fetishize the p5 teams to the point where players are evaluated as to whether she could have "helped" any of them. There's nothing wrong with a very good or great player choosing to go to a non-p5 school and excelling there.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Rice is a great academic school.

Student athletes with emphasis on the student part. Rice was a great fit for her and both Ogwumikes.

Reaction Score
Have you ever seen her play or try to move about the court? Let's just say athleticism and strength are not her strong point. Size and length, yes.

Having said that, I don't understand why people fetishize the p5 teams to the point where players are evaluated as to whether she could have "helped" any of them. There's nothing wrong with a very good or great player choosing to go to a non-p5 school and excelling there.
Mulkey was a McDonald’s all American, and she played USA basketball, you don’t expect to see that type of talent land at a mid major.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom