RG3 at the rent in 08 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

RG3 at the rent in 08

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was camping that weekend but listened to the game on satellite radio. Always fun listening to homers describing a game they thought they were going to win.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I went to the UConn at Baylor game in Waco in 2009. I remember just hoping we could be competitive. Then I proceeded to watch UConn steamroll a much smaller Baylor team.

It was a thing of beauty.
I was there with the family, too, along with about 200 other UConn faithful, plus a couple dozen members of the military from CT, probably shipped in from nearby Ft. Hood. Our section was in a corner, down around the 10-20 yard line, but we put to shame around 40,000 Baylor fans with all our hootin and hollerin. Lost my voice by the middle of the second quarter. Cody and the boys were very good that day. I think we lead the whole game, or most of it anyway. Meanwhile, the Baylor crowd was in shock for most of it. Looking forward to those kinda days again, for sure. :)

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
I was there with the family, too, along with about 200 other UConn faithful, plus a couple dozen members of the military from CT, probably shipped in from nearby Ft. Hood. Our section was in a corner, down around the 10-20 yard line, but we put to shame around 40,000 Baylor fans with all our hootin and hollerin. Lost my voice by the middle of the second quarter. Cody and the boys were very good that day. I think we lead the whole game, or most of it anyway. Meanwhile, the Baylor crowd was in shock for most of it. Looking forward to those kinda days again, for sure. :)
I remember our offensive line pushing the Baylor defense back 5-7 yards on every run. Baylor scored late to make it look closer than it was.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I remember our offensive line pushing the Baylor defense back 5-7 yards on every run. Baylor scored late to make it look closer than it was.
Yup.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

We were sitting right in front of the military folks. They were having great time. It was a blistering hot day, but a late afternoon start so it was getting dark toward the end of the game. I remember Andre Dixon and a bunch of other Husky players came over and shook hands with us afterward, thanking us for being there to cheer them on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom