Reynolds, Raschi and Lopat | The Boneyard

Reynolds, Raschi and Lopat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
On Sundays at 11am, Comcast Sports Net called Massachusettes School of Law Books of Our Time. It's just a host and an author talking about their book. I always give it a look if I'm around because they have some interesting interviews from time to time, stuff you just don't see on C-Span and the like. This past week they had a professor named Sol Gittleman talking about his book Reynolds, Raschi and Lopat: New York's Big Three and Great Yankee Dynasty of 1949-1953.

Never thought a discussion about the Yankees would interest me, but this was a good conversation. Talked about how those three guys were key to the Yanks winning the WS 5 years in a row. They were the team leaders, brought the new guys along, kept the old guys in line. They made Berra their pet project, they called their own pitches while Yogi worried about learning how to catch. Reynolds had his wife his chart his pitches. They said that 1954 might have been their best team especially if the GM didn't sell Raschi, out of spite it sounded like. Anyway, I had never heard these stories before. The book sounds pretty good, might be a good present for a Yankee fan dad.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Sounds like a book I'd like to read.. I was a kid in Brooklyn, back then, and I remember very well those three pitchers. Very tough, all three of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox
Top Bottom