Revisiting "The Bounce" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Revisiting "The Bounce"

Reaction Score
Can you imagine what it would have been like when the "Bounce" went through the hoop... IF there were no COVID restrictions and the game was played in front of a sold out crowd as would normally be expected for a game of this magnitude at Gampel. I fear there may have been a need for repairs to the dome again!!! :D :D :cool: ;)

Reaction Score
It wasn't a game winning shot.
Not in the strictest sense of the term, no it wasn't. But, it was, from the look and attitude of the SC players, especially Boston, with her look back at Paige, and who knew (knows) Paige very well, the straw that broke the camel's back and SC's spirit.

It was a spirit winning shot.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
"The dynasty fulfills its destiny."
Just my opinion, but I think a great game winning call has to 1) involve a close game and 2) be spontaneous. The comment from Doris Burke in 2016 was at the end of UConn’s annihilation of Syracuse and she had obviously planned it ahead of time.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Lisa Byington was pulling for SC the entire game.
I don't think Byington was the homer, but McNutt certainly was. She knew everything about the Gamecocks, even referring to Hennessey as Henny.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't think Byington was the homer, but McNutt certainly was. She knew everything about the Gamecocks, even referring to Hennessey as Henny.
For what it’s worth, McNutt grew up in MD and played basketball at Georgetown. Byington is from MI and played at Northwestern.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I remember McNutt saying she thought prior to the SC game that Paige was a bit over hyped and was really impressed after the game.

Reaction Score
One of the often overlooked aspects of Paige's skillset is her ability to move without the ball. Liv took an extra second to control the pass from Paige, which allowed Boston to close out on her. While that was going on, Paige moved back and to the right to give Liv a passing outlet, which she readily took with Boston in her face. It was a little thing with a significant impact.
Nice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom