Revised Athletic Complex Plan/Budget | The Boneyard

Revised Athletic Complex Plan/Budget

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
upload_2018-4-27_17-35-13.png

Is this design change #3? I like it a little better than the last one. I didn't like left field butting up against the performance center.

Reaction Score
UConn does NOT need a new baseball stadium. This state spent a ridiculous amount of money on the new Hartford stadium, I do not see any reason why UConn can't use that as their home stadium too. Who is driving all the way to storrs for baseball anyways? More fans in Hartford. Let's screw our heads on CT, stop spending like crazy!!

Reaction Score
UConn does NOT need a new baseball stadium. This state spent a ridiculous amount of money on the new Hartford stadium, I do not see any reason why UConn can't use that as their home stadium too. Who is driving all the way to storrs for baseball anyways? More fans in Hartford. Let's screw our heads on CT, stop spending like crazy!!

The City of Hartford owns Dunkin Donut Park and it’s overkill/costly for a full season of games. (nobody is going to a mid-week game @ 3:00 on a Tuesday in March/April) Couple of series a year is the right mix.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score

It's being privately funded.........

Reaction Score

The new UConn athletic facilities are being funded through donations to UConn athletics. I've been earmarking my UConn athletics donation to these facilities (soccer and baseball) for several years now. As for who wants to see a baseball game in Storrs in the new baseball facility, I most certainly do. My personal preference is for most of the games in Storrs, with a few in Hartford.

CL82

Reaction Score
UConn isn't a pro-team. It should play the vast majority of the games in Storrs. I agree with @dbmill that few games in Hartford makes sense. It keeps them an event.

And as others noted, don't worry @Cuse Socks the new facilities aren't costing you unless you decide to contribute.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dislike

Reaction Score
The new UConn athletic facilities are being funded through donations to UConn athletics. I've been earmarking my UConn athletics donation to these facilities (soccer and baseball) for several years now. As for who wants to see a baseball game in Storrs in the new baseball facility, I most certainly do. My personal preference is for most of the games in Storrs, with a few in Hartford.
only a portion is privately funded. The majority is being financed thru bonds.

Reaction Score
Any word on a possible ground breaking, I thought there were plans for Spring/Summer 2018 ground breaking?

Reaction Score
Any word on a possible ground breaking, I thought there were plans for Spring/Summer 2018 ground breaking?
I had been wondering the same, a couple 2019 recruits were saying that part of penders recruiting pitch to that class was that they're first home game (spring 2020) would be in the new facility. This would lead me to believe based on that proposed time line and construction schedule that there will be no home games in Storrs next year.

Reaction Score
I had been wondering the same, a couple 2019 recruits were saying that part of penders recruiting pitch to that class was that they're first home game (spring 2020) would be in the new facility. This would lead me to believe based on that proposed time line and construction schedule that there will be no home games in Storrs next year.
The revised complex design allows J. O. Christian field to be utilized while the new stadium is being built.

Reaction Score
The revised complex design allows J. O. Christian field to be utilized while the new stadium is being built.

I was wondering when the revised design was revealed here with the new baseball facility next door to soccer whether or not the timeline for stadium closings and openings had changed. I have not seen anything in the plans in writing about this. Have you seen anything in the written plans or the timeline that goes with it, or is this something you heard from people on campus?

Reaction Score

That is what I was also told by a staff peron in the Athletic Department; if things go as planned, JO Chrisian is available for 2019 season with moving into new digs for 2020 season.

Reaction Score
That is what I was also told by a staff peron in the Athletic Department; if things go as planned, JO Chrisian is available for 2019 season with moving into new digs for 2020 season.

How about soccer? Is it the same for them as well?

CL82

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom