Revenge | The Boneyard

Revenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No channeling the iron chancellor, or the ghost of vince lombardi this week. No rah rah speeches. No fancy motivational tactics to about getting people to focus, and think and concentrate their energy on a task at hand.

This week is simple, raw, revenge. When you cross the lines onto that gridiron, you get to settle differences between people, teams, in competition and physical confrontation ways that you can't do off the field. It's somethign that every football player and coach misses once it's done and over. The concept of revenge is one of those things, in settling differences, that you can do on the field without repercussion. there's nothing like conference rivals playing games every year.

This Louisville program, in 2011, has not yet been properly introduced to UConn Football. We went to Kentucky last year and this new program spanked our butts raw, and we played like wet noodles in response. I trust the upper class men will let the freshmen, and the players that didn't travel, know all about it, and what it means to this coming Saturday.

26-0. Revenge. As the dictionary says.

re·venge (r
ibreve.gif
-v
ebreve.gif
nj)
tr.v. re·venged, re·veng·ing, re·veng·es
1. To inflict punishment in return for (injury or insult). 26-0

2. To seek or take vengeance for (oneself or another person); avenge. 26-0.

n.
1. The act of taking vengeance for injuries or wrongs; retaliation. 26-0

2. Something done in vengeance; a retaliatory measure. 26-0

3. A desire for vengeance. 26-0

4. An opportunity to retaliate, as by a return sports match after a defeat. 26-0

It's time for some UConn Football. Disciplined, tough, smash in the nose, clean and by the book, and send em home bloody and beaten.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I think Moe Petrus, Mike Ryan and Kevin Friend will take this game very personally.

The UofL defensive players were woofing big-time after last year's game, dissing the UConn oline pretty harshly. What's worse, the oline deserved it: they played like crud and got their QB knocked out.

I'm looking for some real nastiness out of our Big Uglies on SAT. I just hope it translates into a W...

Reaction Score
I'm probably in the minority around here, maybe not, who knows...... but regardless, this game this week, has been circled on my calendar for well over a year. That game last year made me ill, and left a taste that hasn't left me yet, beacuse there's only one way to get rid of it.

Reaction Score
i hated last years game. i really wanted to see what would happen if mike box got a real shot. i thought he looked decent to start....then a tip turned into a pick, then run, run, run, injury.....
then frazer

Reaction Score
I agree Carl, I think we are going to come out and crush them. Revenge games are something else.

Reaction Score
We will go as far as the defense takes us against the Cards and the remainder of our schedule imo.

The offense is what it is. A continued work in process with a very good field goal kicker. If we can limit turnovers then the defense can keep us in games. But it has to be the defense that showed up for USF or Syracuse and not the defense that let WM and Pitt look like top 5 teams.

It's a very good defense when it is disciplined. When we send everybody and their brother on every play....not so much.

Reaction Score
I hope so too. Last year's game stuck with me the whole offseason, and I want them to win this game almost as bad as I want them to destroy Rutgers (still haven't gotten over Tim Brown's 81 yard catch). I want our line to bully them all game and have 2 backs go for 100+

Reaction Score
Obviously, this is a huge game Saturday. But if you're telling me I should want this one more than I want to beat Rutgers in 11 days, not even close.

Reaction Score
Obviously, this is a huge game Saturday. But if you're telling me I should want this one more than I want to beat Rutgers in 11 days, not even close.

Fair enough. Talk to me next week about that.

For now, the only thing that matters to me is beating the snot out of this Louisiville team. Payback. I want the win, but not only do I want the win, I want those guys walking off the field with their heads ringing, and bodies aching, and with the understanding that UConn football is about playing physical, hard nosed, disciplined. The game last year needs to be erased, and it's a team game, every single block, every single tackle, is just one swipe of the eraser.

Special teams seems to have found the energy, I hope they keep it fired up, and keep the bodies flying. The defense needs to recognize the pass route runners, and shut them down, and knock them off their routes. They need to fit their gaps, shed the blocks and make the tackles. The offense simply needs to line up behind those 5 bodies up front and dominate control of that area of the field where the big men play. The line of scrimmage.

Smart, field position, ball control, dominating football. I'm dying to see it, and be able to close my eyes and hear it.

Reaction Score
fwiw, on the Louisville board I read that ESPN-Classic is reairing the Larry Taylor night game at 11 A.M. on Saturday.

Reaction Score
fwiw, on the Louisville board I read that ESPN-Classic is reairing the Larry Taylor night game at 11 A.M. on Saturday.

I can't remember what game it was right now, I think i was early last year, but karma already got us back for that one on kick return that was called bad against us. So no worries there. :)

Reaction Score
One quick way to put last year behind "us", 4 or 5 offensive tds. Not special team tds (although they'd be welcomed) and not defensive team tds (although the more points on the scoreboard the better) . . . nope . . . offensive tds through the air and on the ground. Big breakers, goal-to-go smashes and everthing in between. Run it up, Huskies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom