Revenge is a dish best served cold! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Revenge is a dish best served cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Perfect time for me to remind people that Chief00 once predicted we’d be in the SEC. I can’t ever forget it because I secretly thought it myself. If the SEC ever decides to pick up UNC and Virginia and then make a move to the north, we are sitting there ready. I’ve always found the idea silly, yet possibly clever. We’d immediately eclipse Rutgers, Cuse and BC in football and start challenging PSU in the northeast. It could be a brilliant play. I’m sure it isn’t on the SEC radar, but maybe it should be.
No way yankees allowed in the SEC.

Reaction Score
Really? Have you been to a SEC game between GA, Louisiana, Alabama or Tennessee? That is a stretch if you believe that same atmosphere would happen in CT.
It used to. Yale Bowl used to seat 70K back in the day. College Football in CT isn’t as foreign as you make it

Reaction Score
I've been assured by Kentucky and Indiana basketball fans, that line of logic doesn't count.
Just pointing out the fact that college football in New England has been irrelevant for almost 100 years. I think there is a greater chance football goes the way of boxing due to CTE before New England has a powerhouse college football team.

Reaction Score
Just pointing out the fact that college football in New England has been irrelevant for almost 100 years. I think there is a greater chance football goes the way of boxing due to CTE before New England has a powerhouse college football team.
I was just pointing out the Northeast was the start of everything.

Reaction Score
Yea, we know man. We've been repeatedly kicked in the nutsack since 2011 in conference realignment. We're well aware the New England football market isn't catching anybody's attention.

Reaction Score
Yea, we know man. We've been repeatedly kicked in the nutsack since 2011 in conference realignment. We're well aware the New England football market isn't catching anybody's attention.
Only posted because some people keep mentioning UConn landing in SEC. I think ACC would be perfect but some reason ACC will not make the right choice.

Reaction Score
Only posted because some people keep mentioning UConn landing in SEC. I think ACC would be perfect but some reason ACC will not make the right choice.
Landing in the SEC is not something anyone expects. It was just a comment I made based on a prediction made by a well known poster many years ago.

Reaction Score
Doug Flutie was relevant.

Reaction Score
Last Northeast National Champion in College football was Syracuse 1959. Last New England National Champion in football was Yale in 1927.

Reaction Score
It’s college baseball though. A condiment to a side dish.

I watched the game. Pretty awesome defense. And I HATE baseball. That’s how much I love UConn.
Why do you hate baseball? It’s the only professional team sport that’s honest. There’s no predetermined champion like in the NFL or the NBA, Vegas controls everything nowadays in those two leagues. Not so in MLB.

Reaction Score
Why do you hate baseball? It’s the only professional team sport that’s honest. There’s no predetermined champion like in the NFL or the NBA, Vegas controls everything nowadays in those two leagues. Not so in MLB.

Because it’s boring and awful.

It’s based on a British Schoolgirls Game called rounders. They literally played the game in dresses.

We won the Revolutionary War so that we wouldn’t have to play it.

I would end baseball if I could. Absolutely worthless as a sport. Slightly less worthless than Cricket.

Reaction Score
Because it’s boring and awful.

It’s based on a British Schoolgirls Game called rounders. They literally played the game in dresses.

We won the Revolutionary War so that we wouldn’t have to play it.

I would end baseball if I could. Absolutely worthless as a sport. Slightly less worthless than Cricket.
I guess you didn’t play little league as a kid, or Babe Ruth league? Ok caged cat, I get your anger. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I guess you didn’t play little league as a kid, or Babe Ruth league? Ok caged cat, I get your anger. :rolleyes:

I did.

Hated every minute of that stupid sport.

If they invented baseball yesterday, nobody would play it here.

It’s just legacy at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET