Return to Normal First Practice Hartford Courant Dom Amore 10/17 | The Boneyard

Return to Normal First Practice Hartford Courant Dom Amore 10/17

Reaction Score

Some good stuff here, updates on players, some quotes from Hurley. First practice, here we go.

If you don't get the Hartford Courant, the cost for a digital subscription is not too much I don't think. Their coverage of UConn basketball, both men's and women's is kind of outstanding and constant from now thru April. Dom Amore does a fine job, Mike Anthony kicks in sometimes, and overall this publication has great access to both programs and their coverage is relentless, there being no other real major sports programs in the state. People talk about ponying up for The Athletic, well here is an opportunity to support the publication that probably does the best job with complete coverage, although Dave Borges and the New Haven Register are also right there, mostly thanks to Dave I think. Personally, I get the Courant delivered everyday to my house and I always have, and I'm trying to keep it that way. I like holding it in my hands, turning the pages; this morning I'm catching the bacon fat with it too :)

And there is always Outline to get yourself access. Peace.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So when you use the newspaper to catch the bacon fat are you placing the bacon on the paper? If you are, how does the ink taste?

Reaction Score
“It’s competitive at every position,” Whaley said. “We’re talking a lot of junk to each other, getting under each other’s skin. It’s highly competitive at every position.”

This says it all to me. Gone are the days of 5-6 'good' players. This is old school UConn. You don't want to get injured or have a setback with this squad. Be hard to get back in.

Scrimmages will be more tougher than a lot of games.

Reaction Score
So when you use the newspaper to catch the bacon fat are you placing the bacon on the paper? If you are, how does the ink taste?
I put a single paper towel in between, however, using newspaper was commonplace for fish and chip mongers, and various street vendors with greasier side food. There's no problem with ink; it stays on the page.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom