Retirement of T-shirts | The Boneyard

Retirement of T-shirts

Reaction Score
During this incredibly sloooow season I have been reviewing my UConn T’s and find I must retire about 4 fading ones. I now will have less than a months worth. I suppose I could wear my Margaritaville T’s.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
During this incredibly sloooow season I have been reviewing my UConn T’s and find I must retire about 4 fading ones. I now will have less than a months worth. I suppose I could wear my Margaritaville T’s.
Is there a prescribed T retirement ceremony? Boy, I feel as though I am fading some days too. Glad my wife hasn't "retired" me as you seem wont to do. ;)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I have a few camp t-shirts from the late 1980s... that I havent worn since the late 1980s... I think I have them around somewhere stored away for posterity. With modern technology of moisture wicking fabric.... t-shirts last alot longer and can go through much more than they used to. I have avoided buying cotton t-shirts for the past decade, with one exception.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have a few camp t-shirts from the late 1980s... that I havent worn since the late 1980s... I think I have them around somewhere stored away for posterity. With modern technology of moisture wicking fabric.... t-shirts last alot longer and can go through much more than they used to. I have avoided buying cotton t-shirts for the past decade, with one exception.

Traitor!

Cotton is the fabric of our lives!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Traitor!

Cotton is the fabric of our lives!

Don't they say the first thing to go as you age is your memory??? :oops::oops: I just bought a long-sleeved cotton t-shirt a few weeks ago and plan on buying another one soon. Head bang I did buy one of those Charged Cotton T-shirts from Under Armour a few years ago... but it doesnt quite fit like it did when I purchased it so I havent worn it in awhile. :(

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
You could always take the ones at the end of the rotation and have them made into a quilt...

I’ve done a few for people, but this company is pretty darn affordable.

mmt

Reaction Score
You could always take the ones at the end of the rotation and have them made into a quilt...

I’ve done a few for people, but this company is pretty darn affordable.

We have had several made by them and they are fast, too. Just organize now- Christmas time is busy.

Reaction Score
When I retire older T-s, they will no longer be worn outdoors, they get a second "life" lounging indoors.
My Sister-in-law did this with UCONN WBB Championship Ts... it turned out great, and they are very proud of it. No one is allowed to use it so it won't get dirty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom