Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Obvious

UConn
over Cincy

Bubble Teams

Indiana vs. Michigan
This game cuts both ways, and depends on how close to the cut you think we are. A Michigan win crowds the bubble further, but also gets us another Top 50 win, in all likelihood.
Texas A&M over Florida
Keep Florida off the bubble.
St. Joe's over George Washington
Apparently St. Joe's is in. I don't quite understand why, but okay. I guess if they are, might as well keep George Washington off it. If you think St. Joe's is close to the cut and GW isn't, the reverse makes some sense, though.
Tennessee over LSU
LSU isn't on the bubble. Keep them off.
UMass over VCU
VCU's resume is mediocre. Make it worse​

Ohio State over Michigan State
Ohio State isn't really on the bubble, so their wins only help us.
Kentucky over Alabama
Alabama has a weak resume and is probably not on the bubble. Keep it that way.
Davidson over St. Bonaventure
The Bonnies shouldn't even be on the bubble if you ask me. Let's root against them to make sure they fall further down the pecking order.
Georgia over South Carolina
Because I think South Carolina is a fraud. That said, the reverse is probably better since most bracketologists think USCe is already in, and Georgia is trying to crawl onto the bubble.
UC Irvine over Long Beach State
Both of these schools are RPI Top 100, and bloat the Pac's Top 100 wins (since a number of them played each), but LBSU is in the high 80s, so a loss might bump them out of the Top 100. I doubt it, but I'd rather hurt the Pac's bubble teams if possible.​

Reaction Score
In the AAC, I would add the following:

USF over Temple
Memphis over Tulsa
Tulane over Houston

Reaction Score

USF over Temple
Memphis over Tulsa
Tulane over Houston
I'd rather Temple over USF, because if we beat Cincy and play Temple, you're in, win or lose. If you beat Cincy and lose to USF, you may not make it since it's a sub-200 game. Avoid landmines.

I'd also prefer Houston over Tulane. Let's keep the good AAC teams in it, since none of them are that good that we shouldn't beat them.

Reaction Score
Not to get ahead of ourselves, but I'll take the easiest path to the finals possible, so fine with USF.

Reaction Score
I'd rather Temple over USF, because if we beat Cincy and play Temple, you're in, win or lose. If you beat Cincy and lose to USF, you may not make it since it's a sub-200 game. Avoid landmines.

I'd also prefer Houston over Tulane. Let's keep the good AAC teams in it, since none of them are that good that we shouldn't beat them.

While I'd agree with Houston, we are in somewhat direct competition with Temple on the bubble, and a loss to USF would undoubtedly knock them out with a bad hit to their RPI, BPI etc

Reaction Score
While I'd agree with Houston, we are in somewhat direct competition with Temple on the bubble, and a loss to USF would undoubtedly knock them out with a bad hit to their RPI, BPI etc
True, but I think the conference looks better if we can get as many teams in possible. We beat Cincy, we're in, I'd say.

If you're hedging against a possible loss, I agree...and that game is first, so we don't have the benefit of our result to guide us.

I'd just rather a semi-final of Temple-UConn, Tulsa-Houston. That increases the very small odds that the league gets 4 bids, and almost wraps up 3. More credits is better.

But I see your point here.

Reaction Score

USF over Temple
Memphis over Tulsa
Tulane over Houston

If we even go 1/3 in these results, I would take that. Most likely is Memphis, other two seem like extreme long shots.

Reaction Score
True, but I think the conference looks better if we can get as many teams in possible. We beat Cincy, we're in, I'd say.

If you're hedging against a possible loss, I agree...and that game is first, so we don't have the benefit of our result to guide us.

I'd just rather a semi-final of Temple-UConn, Tulsa-Houston. That increases the very small odds that the league gets 4 bids, and almost wraps up 3. More credits is better.

But I see your point here.

Yeah I think either scenario works in our favor, but obviously that is predicated on us winning today. If we don't win, its all a moot point.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We do not want Michigan or Ohio State winning today.

Both could climb into this thing with wins in the Big Ten Tourney - best to kill them now.

Reaction Score
We do not want Michigan or Ohio State winning today.

Both could climb into this thing with wins in the Big Ten Tourney - best to kill them now.

I agree with this. The concern isn't if they win 1 game. The concern is, once they win 1 game, they get a chance at other marquee wins.

The ship has already sailed on those big-name opponents (Michigan, OSU, G'Town, Gonzaga, Cuse) living up to expectations and providing a boost to our RPI. I'd rather keep them out of the bubble picture.

Reaction Score
The GW resume is one of the really interesting ones. They are 23-9 at the moment. If you are measuring teams with comparable records based on quality wins, they are in. They beat UVA, they beat Seton Hall and they won at VCU. On the other hand, if you want to knock teams out due to bad losses, they are toast. They got hammered at DePaul of all places, and lost at a terrible St Louis team. They are 3-4 I think against the Top 50, which would normally get you in against other bubble teams, but their RPI and other computer rankings are relatively low because of the bad losses and a weak overall SOS (although they tried to schedule a lot of power confernce teams, the list included Rutgers,Tennesee, USF and UCF).

It's one of those resumes that shows how hard the committee's job is, because either in or out they will have metrics screaming that the decision was the wrong one. I'm guessing out, with the difference being the game they lost to Cincy in Brooklyn Thanksgiving weekend that could have gone either way.

Reaction Score
The GW resume is one of the really interesting ones. They are 23-9 at the moment. If you are measuring teams with comparable records based on quality wins, they are in. They beat UVA, they beat Seton Hall and they won at VCU. On the other hand, if you want to knock teams out due to bad losses, they are toast. They got hammered at DePaul of all places, and lost at a terrible St Louis team. They are 3-4 I think against the Top 50, which would normally get you in against other bubble teams, but their RPI and other computer rankings are relatively low because of the bad losses and a weak overall SOS (although they tried to schedule a lot of power confernce teams, the list included Rutgers,Tennesee, USF and UCF).

It's one of those resumes that shows how hard the committee's job is, because either in or out they will have metrics screaming that the decision was the wrong one. I'm guessing out, with the difference being the game they lost to Cincy in Brooklyn Thanksgiving weekend that could have gone either way.

As a GW alum, hoping both can make it in. Just please no GW/UConn play-in game.

Reaction Score
C'mon Indy knock out Michigan...need good mojo before 2pm. One less team on the bubble better than Rpi bump at this point.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Only thing that matters. UConn wins and we are in.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's bad but good if we win. So we need to win and leap someone else on the bubble.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Welp, would have rather had Michigan loss. Oh well.

Reaction Score
I guess we'll go with Michigan winning is good for us....no spin:rolleyes:

In actuality think we still should be ahead of Michigan & Michigan winning improves our resume.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Good day for us.

Obviously, our win is the biggest.

Michigan beat IU. This gets them closer to RPI Top 50. It's probably a net neutral given our win.
A&M took out Florida, eliminating them from the bubble.
St. Joe's won. Again, I'm ambivalent about Joe's resume, but most think their in, and now GW is out.
LSU beat Tennessee. LSU is pretty far from the bubble, but this inches them closer.
VCU beat UMass. This was not unexpected, and so not a particularly big deal.
Michigan State eliminates OSU. Net neutral in my opinion.
Kentucky eliminates Alabama.

Three games left in that initial list.

Reaction Score
VCU...very unimpressive resume and yet Lunardi has them as a 9 seed....beat St. Joes & St. Bonnie, that's it. Zero good non-conf wins, 2 terrible loses. St. Joes & VCU & A-10 in general so overrated.

Reaction Score
Davidson and St. Bonaventure are tied with 10 seconds to go on NBC Sports Network.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The Bonnies have a guy named Jaylen Adams. He just fouled out with 3 points. Our JA had a better day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom