Restoring Faded Glory: U$C, Notre Dame, Texas (Others?) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Restoring Faded Glory: U$C, Notre Dame, Texas (Others?)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Add Tenn to that sentence.
That depends on how Caldwell does. I have been impressed so far. I know her record is impressive. If it translates to the SEC. Then Tennessee can be back in the championship pitcher.

Reaction Score
Add Tenn to that sentence.
While the TN glory had faded, the LVs have yet to miss a NCAA tournament and have made 9 Sweet Sixteens in the 15 tournaments played since their last title. They are much more likely to climb back in the national picture than ODU or LA Tech.

TN hasn't been bad by any standard except the lofty one set by their own success. However, a lot of talent has come and gone in Knoxville with little to show for it in that window.

Reaction Score
USC as in Southern Cal has a loaded roster and should be a threat to win it all which shows how quickly fortunes can change in the current environment. They aren't back to glory yet but heading in the right direction.
Very true!

If the right combination of forces are in play that is coach, transfers, NIL location, and culture a program can have immediate success. These factors are interrelated and in my mind it begins with a head coach who recognizes how these pieces fit together and can recruit to the environment.

There's a great deal of uncertainty here but I think I can conclude with great assurance that Natasha Adair and Arizona State University will not be this type of environment for success.

That said listening to a recent Sparks game if I heard correctly they announcer said that Hamby was coached by Adair. Will wonders never cease.

Reaction Score
They were in the 2003 Final Four... lost to Uconn. They have sniffed a few times, but failed in the Elite 8 in 2021, 2022, and 2024.

That 03 Texas team likely would've won the NC if not for another superhuman performance by Diana.

(including an unbelievable pass to Willnet Crockett that I still remember)

Reaction Score
While the TN glory had faded, the LVs have yet to miss a NCAA tournament and have made 9 Sweet Sixteens in the 15 tournaments played since their last title. They are much more likely to climb back in the national picture than ODU or LA Tech.

TN hasn't been bad by any standard except the lofty one set by their own success. However, a lot of talent has come and gone in Knoxville with little to show for it in that window.

Add Purdue to the list.. imho
I try not to pick on the one-and-dones like them and TX A&M

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom