Rest vs. Rust | The Boneyard

Rest vs. Rust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
So, a good question was raised during Geno's post game interview. The starters are getting a rest, but will they be ready to play a good team? ( i.e. S. Carolina) I guarantee ardent UConn fans will say that Geno will get them ready.

Personally, I will not be surprised if it takes UConn most of the first half to get up to speed in the S.C. game. I think one tweeter was correct: you could make an all star team from ALL of the other AAC teams, practice them together for six months, and they still couldn't give UConn a decent game. Yes, the league IS that bad.

S. Carolina will be the last decent game for UConn until the regionals. I hope it's a good game.

Reaction Score
So, a good question was raised during Geno's post game interview. The starters are getting a rest, but will they be ready to play a good team? ( i.e. S. Carolina) I guarantee ardent UConn fans will say that Geno will get them ready.

Personally, I will not be surprised if it takes UConn most of the first half to get up to speed in the S.C. game. I think one tweeter was correct: you could make an all star team from ALL of the other AAC teams, practice them together for six months, and they still couldn't give UConn a decent game. Yes, the league IS that bad.

S. Carolina will be the last decent game for UConn until the regionals. I hope it's a good game.
Me too, say 89 - 59.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Geno's practices will keep the players in shape and the only potential for rust is if it a close game coming down the stretch. Besides the Stanford game and possibly the South Carolina game, team won't be a close game situation until late in the tournament.

Reaction Score
There is absolutely ZERO benefit for the starting 5 playing a conference schedule where you can realistically defeat your opponent, night in and night out by 100 points should the coach so choose and to attempt to sugar coat it, is laughable.

The ONLY positive, if one can call it a positive, is the extended minutes afforded the bench players, especially Ekmark, Lawlor and Pulido.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom