Rest in Peace Tom Seaver | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rest in Peace Tom Seaver

Reaction Score
That's a cool tribute. I really like this group of players. I mean, aside from the bullpen that's going to eventually kill me, they're good guys. Conforto, Rosario, McNeil, Davis, Nimmo and let's just put a C on Alonso's jersey right now.

I agree... I'm always going to be a Yankee fan, but I do root for the Mets, as well. With a new owner, hopefully a new GM and manager, there's no reason with their young nucleus and some $$ that they cannot be a really good team.

Reaction Score
Wow. Tom Terrific.

Had a 15 year period where he had no-hitter stuff almost every game.
The Met announcers Gary, Keith and Ron were talking about Tom and showed an absolutley insane stat where he gave up 1 or fewer runs in 105 starts and his record was 90-3 with 12 no decisions. Not completely sure if thats what it was but a record of 90-3 is absolutely insane!!!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If the Hall of Fame had a Hall of Fame, Tom would be there.
If all of MLB, past and present, picked a rotation of 5, he would be there.
RIP

Reaction Score
JR was such a "what cold have been" story. He had great stuff too. Love the George Foster reference. Always like George and Dave Parker. Bat seemed like it was a whip in George's hands.
Ya, JR was quite the gamer. Sadly, he had a blood clot in his neck and had a stroke. While he recovered the effects of the stroke, it weakened his arm and he was never the same again. I agree with the "what could have been" story as he was only 30-years old when this occurred. He would have been a Hall of Famer for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom