Rest In Peace Gordie Howe | The Boneyard

Rest In Peace Gordie Howe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The true greatest hockey player of all time.

Loved seeing him without a helmet back in the day.

GORDIE HOWE IS...DEAD

howe-whalers.jpg

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bummer. He basically was the Whalers when they first started.

2016 is setting up as a tight race between musicians and athletes. Musicians still have quantity but Ali/Howe is a helluva 1-2 punch.

For the record, if things come in 3's, I have Arnie biting is shortly after US Open at Oakmont.

Dove

Reaction Score
Bummer. He basically was the Whalers when they first started.

2016 is setting up as a tight race between musicians and athletes. Musicians still have quantity but Ali/Howe is a helluva 1-2 punch.

For the record, if things come in 3's, I have Arnie biting is shortly after US Open at Oakmont.

Kudos if that was intentional.

Reaction Score
So when I was a kid I was a standard bearer at the GHO, right when it moved to Cromwell. My guess is I was 10 or so, I don't remember. On Pro-Am Day I was lucky enough to get in Gordie Howe's group. When he shook my hand he had the biggest, softest hands it was really kind of like, wow. A living legend. He was pretty friendly. On the back 9 on a par 5 he had a rough go on the start of the hole and then hit a wedge about 90 yards away and with one bounce it went right in the cup. I'll always remember it.

Other than seeing Shaq in the locker room at the gym a few weeks ago he's probably the closest I've ever been to a legend.

RIP Gordie.

Reaction Score
Saw him at the FanFest at the Rent a few years ago - was great to see a legend in person.

RIP Great One. Thank you for being a Whaler.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
RIP Gordie. I'll share a fond memory I have, aside from watching him with the Whalers.

Growing up in Manchester, several Whalers lived in my neighborhood from time to time, including Marty Howe right down the street. One Halloween as we were trick-or-treating, we knocked on Marty's door, and Gordie opened, it, with both Mark and Marty standing in the foyer. My friend Danny was dressed as a hockey player, pads, pants, socks, helmet, and a Gordie Howe Whalers jersey. Gordie laughed a little and asked him, "who are you supposed to be", with the very excited response "you!". Great memory for me.

Reaction Score
RIP Gordie. I'll share a fond memory I have, aside from watching him with the Whalers.

Growing up in Manchester, several Whalers lived in my neighborhood from time to time, including Marty Howe right down the street. One Halloween as we were trick-or-treating, we knocked on Marty's door, and Gordie opened, it, with both Mark and Marty standing in the foyer. My friend Danny was dressed as a hockey player, pads, pants, socks, helmet, and a Gordie Howe Whalers jersey. Gordie laughed a little and asked him, "who are you supposed to be", with the very excited response "you!". Great memory for me.

I've spent most of my life in Glastonbury, CT. As a child in my church classroom Sunday School, in walked our biggest resident at the time, Gordie Howe. He spoke to our class. I was 4 or 5 and didn't know who he was at the time. As I got a little older, I grew to cherish that moment.

Reaction Score
Someone had a great idea on the whaler board today:

They need to rename Pratt St "Gordie Howe Way" in memory of the great #9
He did so much for the Greater Hartford area, it would be only fitting to name the street that heads right to the HCC.

Edit: I didn't even know Pratt St was named after whaler Nolan Pratt. Howe St or some iteration would be better

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Edit: I didn't even know Pratt St was named after whaler Nolan Pratt. Howe St or some iteration would be better
What drugs do you take? I am interested in trying.

"Pratt" is the last name of two brothers who were disciples of the founder of Hartford, Thomas Hooker. Yes, Gordie Howe is more important than them in the history of the city.... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
What drugs do you take? I am interested in trying.

"Pratt" is the last name of two brothers who were disciples of the founder of Hartford, Thomas Hooker. Yes, Gordie Howe is more important than them in the history of the city.... :rolleyes:

My bad... I didn't know the history of the street name. I should of googled first. Thanks for correcting me.

Pratt Street Historic District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Correct this guy. This is where I got it from: (no drugs involved)
Hartford Whalers Message Board – Hartford Courant • View topic - Rename Pratt St 'Gordie Howe Way'

Dove

Reaction Score
I think Dave Smith liked Gordie Howe.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think my favorite part of the video of the last goal is there is no glass between the crowd and the Whalers bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom