RESPECT! | The Boneyard

RESPECT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm sitting with a group of friends with my wife. One is a graduate of Duke. Her two children went to UNC. Many of her relatives including her grandchildren went to ACC schools. She's personal friends with Bobby Cremins. She is Duke and ACC all the way excluding the BE interlopers as she calls them. So she was rooting yesterday for UNC but also likes NCS.

My wife was an academic nerd who graduated college at 20 with a double major. I introduced her to sports and her attachment to the mens team is second to none. She will only watch the game live if she knows it's an easy game because she gets so tense during the games.

We were leaving the group to get ready for the championship game and my wife says to the Dukie as a friendly gesture "hopefully we'll see in the final game of the tournament". It took a Herculean effort but I didn't let anyone observe my thoughts on that. Anyhow the Dukie replies "absolutely not". My wife was surprised and speechless so I ask the Dukie why not. She quickly replies that matchup is the last matchup she wants. No way Duke can beat UConn.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If I were a Duke fan, I wouldn’t be worrying about who I didn’t want to see in the Finals. Just sayin ….
So true. But this women knows bb and it was her way of complimenting us Yankees! Must of hurt a lot. Didn't ask her what her thoughts are about Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom