Reseeding the Sweet 16 field from ESPN.com | The Boneyard

Reseeding the Sweet 16 field from ESPN.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Amazing that they seed us 'much' higher than Ville. That is not correct to date. Hopefully we can prove it wrong but until then what the duck are they saying? And why is Stanford rated so high and Wisconsin so low?

Credibility shot.

Reaction Score
That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Kentucky #3? Ville #15?

I'm also getting sick of the narrative that we are all Napier and nothing else. Without Brimah and Samuel, we are home right now.

no they reseeding kentucky from a #8 to # 1, and ville stays at 4, uconn from # 7 to # 2

Reaction Score
NBC Sports did the same, outside of the Louisville game, which at this point I just don't count it in assessing this team because they are clearly spooked by them, Boat and DD have played well since the start of the AAC tourney.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...ngs-who-are-the-best-teams-left-in-the-field/

13. UConn: You can never count out a team with Shabazz Napier on it, but there are two things that worry me about the Huskies: the status of Napier’s shin/lower leg/ankle/whatever it is he injured on Saturday night, and the inconsistency of DeAndre Daniels and Ryan Boatright.

Reaction Score
NBC Sports did the same, outside of the Louisville game, which at this point I just don't count it in assessing this team because they are clearly spooked by them, Boat and DD have played well since the start of the AAC tourney.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...ngs-who-are-the-best-teams-left-in-the-field/

13. UConn: You can never count out a team with Shabazz Napier on it, but there are two things that worry me about the Huskies: the status of Napier’s shin/lower leg/ankle/whatever it is he injured on Saturday night, and the inconsistency of DeAndre Daniels and Ryan Boatright.
Yeah...a lot of them look like they haven't watched much UConn basketball since the Florida game or something. It's like they don't realize we went on our first half run against Villanova without Napier. The team is deep. It's still flawed (Brimah's improved, but still young, and some of our players need a little more physical strength), but Daniels and Boatright have been playing pretty consistent ball for a number of games in a row (Louisville excluded, obviously).

Reaction Score
I would say the top is a little more "accurate" if you will than ESPN, but the bottom is just god awful. I may be a bit of a homer, but with the teams in play I wouldn't say we'd be lower than 10.
By resume, we'd be seeded above Tennessee, Baylor, and Kentucky (who are ahead of us). But all three have looked really really good, either taking down a great team or blowing folks out, so I don't have much of a problem with that.

Reaction Score
Yeah...a lot of them look like they haven't watched much UConn basketball since the Florida game or something. It's like they don't realize we went on our first half run against Villanova without Napier. The team is deep. It's still flawed (Brimah's improved, but still young, and some of our players need a little more physical strength), but Daniels and Boatright have been playing pretty consistent ball for a number of games in a row (Louisville excluded, obviously).

Yup, and against Cincy in the AAC tourney we made a run in the 2nd half to go ahead with Bazz on the bench, and DD, Boat, and Brimah with the big and 1 were going tit for tat with Bazz in regards to key/big plays against St Joe's. We're finally getting the contributions that we were expecting to see throughout the course of the season, which is why so many of us feel the team can get out of this bracket.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
who cares......................................

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Yup, and against Cincy in the AAC tourney we made a run in the 2nd half to go ahead with Bazz on the bench,

I'd go back to the last five minutes of the game in Cincy. They stayed in the game playing team ball. It was only when Bazz started forcing some stuff late when he didn't have to did Cincy pull away. Bazz is no doubt 1st among equals, but to a man the team has lifted their game over the course of the year. That's what is getting me so psyched. We have a tough team led by a star. That's a potent formula. DD and Boat inconsistant? Wait, what? What matters most, the way they are playing now or the way they played in January?

Reaction Score
the Sporting News with their's, more of the same narrative about our supporting cast, some of these guys clearly haven't been watching since the end of the regular season

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...-16-arizona-florida-michigan-state-louisville

10. UConn

Advantage: PG Shabazz Napier does everything his team needs: gets the biggest rebounds, makes the biggest baskets, delivers under pressure. He understands how to win as well as anyone who remains.

Disadvantage: UConn is forever having to stitch together a supporting cast. Niels Giffey one night, DeAndre Daniels the next. Napier carries such a heavy load. Teams this dependent on a single player often see it end in the Elite Eight.

Reaction Score
Does anyone think all these reseeds over seed Tennessee? I mean they beat an awful iowa team, a down and out Umass and Mercer. REally whathave they done to be seeded higher than, well anyone?
They've looked impressive, but they've beaten no one in the tournament. They have Michigan...if they do something then, they will have convinced me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom