Rescheduling Happiness {a.k.a. postponed games}: Your best suggestion to the Big East Schedulers | The Boneyard

Rescheduling Happiness {a.k.a. postponed games}: Your best suggestion to the Big East Schedulers

Reaction Score
The three games to be resheduled are {in priority of most difficult to EZPZ match ups}:
1) Marquette @ Home; 2) @ Villanova; and 3) @ Georgetown.

My suggestions to the schedulers (in order of time closest to now):

Schedule UCONN @ Villanova for Wednesday, 2/16/22; UCONN has a gap between @ Marquette on Sunday, 2/13/22, and vs. Xavier on Friday, 2/18/22, and Villanova has a gap between @ Seton Hall on Sunday, 2/13/22 and Vs. DePaul on Sunday, 2/20/22.

Schedule Marquette @ UCONN for Tuesday, 2/22/22; UCONN has a gap between Georgetown @ UCONN on 2/20/22 and St. John @ UCONN on Friday, 2/25/22, and Marquette has a gap between @ Georgetown on Friday, 2/18/22 and @ Providence on Friday, 2/25/22.

Schedule UCONN @ Georgetown for Tuesday, 3/1/22; All Big East Teams have their last scheduled games for Sunday, 2/27/22, and the Big East Tournament starts on Friday, 4/4/22 for the teams on the bottom of the Big East Standings, so this may be needed to set the Friday games, and keeps the UCONN women with their feet firmly on the "accelerator" and NOT play down to the competition and continue to build team Chemistry...

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
There's room on UConn's schedule for it as after next week the schedule lightens up to just two games per week the rest of the way.

Reaction Score
There's room on UConn's schedule for it as after next week the schedule lightens up to just two games per week the rest of the way.
I see that, without looking at the schedules of the other teams.
The 2nd and third weeks back after Covid layoff, UConn only had 2 games each week. I expected some action on the rescheduling then. The team could have used more games too IMO at that time. No action then, made me think the games wouldn't be made up.
This year, even without Covid, the schedule seemed to have huge gaps in it. I played college hoops and never went home for Christmas. Never spent a week at the beach either. We played hoops. Christmas with the campus to ourselves was fun, like being a pro.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Big East will hire you.... looks like you figured out the schedule issues... It would be nice to get in one or two of those games if not all three. Especially if Paige is back to get her back into the routine....

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The three games to be resheduled are {in priority of most difficult to EZPZ match ups}:

Schedule UCONN @ Villanova for Wednesday, 2/16/22; UCONN has a gap between @ Marquette on Sunday, 2/13/22, and vs. Xavier on Friday, 2/18/22, and Villanova has a gap between @ Seton Hall on Sunday, 2/13/22 and Vs. DePaul on Sunday, 2/20/22.

Schedule Marquette @ UCONN for Tuesday, 2/22/22; UCONN has a gap between Georgetown @ UCONN on 2/20/22 and St. John @ UCONN on Friday, 2/25/22, and Marquette has a gap between @ Georgetown on Friday, 2/18/22 and @ Providence on Friday, 2/25/22.

Schedule UCONN @ Georgetown for Tuesday, 3/1/22; All Big East Teams have their last scheduled games for Sunday, 2/27/22, and the Big East Tournament starts on Friday, 4/4/22 for the teams on the bottom of the Big East Standings, so this may be needed to set the Friday games, and keeps the UCONN women with their feet firmly on the "accelerator" and NOT play down to the competition and continue to build team Chemistry...

Thoughts?
I would switch the UConn @ Villanova with the UConn @ Georgetown, because Georgetown at the current time is going to be playing in the first round and should get the same amount of down time as the other 5 teams. Other than that I like it.

Reaction Score
Maybe the Big East will hire you.... looks like you figured out the schedule issues... It would be nice to get in one or two of those games if not all three. Especially if Paige is back to get her back into the routine....
I believe that is the whole point: get as many games in for PB before the BE Tourney. Need to have the Chemistry figured out before the semi-finals of the BE Tourney, and then fine tune to be the UCONN team of Yesteryear to start the NCAA run to the title game...

Reaction Score
I would switch the UConn @ Villanova with the UConn @ Georgetown, because Georgetown at the current time is going to be playing in the first round and should get the same amount of down time as the other 5 teams. Other than that I like it.
I agree with your assessment.

I just did not know if the BE schedulers would be in favor of having any games after the 2/27/22 games.....

If no games allowed afte 2/27/22, I would rather have Villanove rescheduled for PB's tune ups with the team {not that PB needs the tune up, just don't want to see her passes bounce off the other teammates heads or through their hands, as she [PB] is going to bring it!!!!

Reaction Score
I agree with your assessment.

I just did not know if the BE schedulers would be in favor of having any games after the 2/27/22 games.....

If no games allowed afte 2/27/22, I would rather have Villanove rescheduled for PB's tune ups with the team {not that PB needs the tune up, just don't want to see her passes bounce off the other teammates heads or through their hands, as she [PB] is going to bring it!!!!
I am hoping the Moderators can forward this to Geno/CD to get the AD to push the BE Scheduling office to get some more games for their conference for the final push to the NCAAs as well as the WNIT.....

Pretty sure getting more games rescheduled will push the balance sheets more towrds the positive cash flow [less "red"] as more teams qualify for the post-season tournaments...

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thoughts?
These dates look ok as long as neither school is forced to play on back to back days.

Reaction Score
The Big East men cannot play 3 games a week in a back-to-back weeks. I do not know if the women have a similar restriction.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
My best suggestion to the Big East schedulers for making up postponed games?

Stop It Chris Hemsworth GIF by NETFLIX

Reaction Score
at this time, the three remaining games are Villanova (away) Butler (home) and Georgetown (away). I would try to reschedule only the Villanova game as both Georgetown and Butler would not be competitive games and they will be playing early on in the BE tournament. We won't need any of these games for making the 25 game minimum for the NCAA tournament, but I think it would be a good thing to play Villanova again . The only openings I can see are next Wed. the 16th or Wed Feb 23rd.

Reaction Score
at this time, the three remaining games are Villanova (away) Butler (home) and Georgetown (away). I would try to reschedule only the Villanova game as both Georgetown and Butler would not be competitive games and they will be playing early on in the BE tournament. We won't need any of these games for making the 25 game minimum for the NCAA tournament, but I think it would be a good thing to play Villanova again . The only openings I can see are next Wed. the 16th or Wed Feb 23rd.
I looked up Villanova's schedule and they are already scheduled for three games the week of Feb. 20th. so next week appears to be the only open time for them

Reaction Score
After watching the DePaul post-game presser, Geno is looking forward to five days off to allow the women to get healthy.

To promote a deep run in the NCAA tournament, I withdraw tmy suggestion of rescheduling of the Villanova, Georgetown and Butler games, so the UCONN women can get to FULL Strength next week, the week leading up to the BE Tournament, and the week leading to the first round games...

Reaction Score

Thoughts?
Didn’t the Marquette game already get rescheduled

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I trust people looked at the current schedule.

Between Feb. 18 and Feb. 27 UConn has 5 games scheduled. In order Xavier, Georgetown, Marquette, St. John's and Providence.

As to next week, I doubt very much Geno wants any games until Friday. The team, as he has clearly stated needs time to heal.

Villanova will have to wait for the BE Tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom